Necron 1000 Pt Army Need Help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm allied with 1000 pts of Daemonhunters/Grey Knights against 1000 pts of Nids and IG (everyone has 1000 pts) on a 4'x4' board. I was wondering what a good army would be against that... The nids will have biovores, zoanthorpes (2 of them with warp blasts), genestealers, and gaunts. The IGs have 3 walkers, 3 heavy cannon tropps (I think all of them equipped with Lascannons), and a bunch of troop units.

My Daemonhunter friend will host 3 squads of 3 terminators, with 2 of each having Psicannons. he'll have 2 troops of 10 storm troopers each, and one Grand Marshall HQ decked out with PsiCannons for 1000 pts.

For me, this is what I'm thinking:

1 - HQ, Necron Lord
    either - Destroyer body, nightmare shroud, chronometron, phase shifter = 185
    (this one goes with 3-4 Destroyer units)
    or
    Destroyer body, nightmare shroud, res orb and warscyth - 210
    (this one goes with 3 wraiths)
    or
    Res Orb, Veil - 200
    (this one goes with some immortals)

2 x 13 Warriors (46

5 x Scarabs (60)
    Total: ~728

Options: ~272 pts left
    3 x Wraith (123) + 3 Destroyers (150)
    or
    5 x Destroyers (250) + 2 more scarabs (24)
    or
    9 x Immortals (252) + 1 more scarab (12)

Total Necrons: 33 or 32 or 36
    Phase Out: 8 or 8 or 9

So the question is, my plan is to focus on the IG while my Grey Knight friend attack the tyranids. I was going to use Nightmare shroud with my Lord while it's on a destroyer body to wreak havoc, but I can't decide whether I want him to be close combat (with wraiths) or shooty (with destroyers).

Or I can have him go on foot and teleport around with 9 immortals to wreak havoc on the IGs....

Scarabs have worked wonders against IGs in the past few games I had, and helped keep the gaunts away, so I'm definitely bringing them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let your ally handle most of the assulting as Grey knights are so much better at it.

Just my recomendation

Lord: res orb, VoD and warscythe 210

2x12 Warriors 432

3 Destroyers 150

5 Immortals 140

5 scarabs 60

pts. 992

phase out: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 questions... what are demonhunters doing allied with necrons, and 'nids with guard? Shouldn't it be demonhunters and guard against necrons and 'nids?

also, this kid's shoe-horning 6 GKT and 7 psycannons into 1000 points? That's either going to work really well or really really badly. I'd go with the "flying circus" approach (9-10 immortals and a lord teleporting around and double-tapping at everything in sight). Or, you could do it with 20 warriors and a lord- 40 gauss blasts at BS 4 will destroy anything. In that case, pack some destroyers.

Also, drop the scarabs and get more warriors - he'll do the assaulting, you just stick to teleporting and lighting stuff up with gauss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it's more because the knights and crons are both newbies and the other two are 1 month more experienced than us, so they want to kick our butts for fun, but I won't let that happen! :lol:

Ok... since my immortals don't seem to be shipping here any time soon, here's my new updated list... I'll try the flying circus method next week, thanks for the suggestions! Could you comment on this? I really want to try the shroud method... at Ld 7 for IG, everyone in 12" having to do a morale check, I might be able to run 1/3 of his army off the table if I did an turbo boost, and the next turn just shot the shroud with my lord while the 5 destroyers shot the armored stuff...

I need the scarabs to block the nids since we're each starting at one corner of the table... so I won't have the cover of the knights for cc in the beginning if the nids charge me...

1 - HQ, Necron Lord
    Destroyer body, nightmare shroud, res-orb = 200
    (this one goes with Destroyer units)

2 x 13 Warriors (46

5 x Scarabs with Disruption fields (80)

5 x Destroyers (250)

Total Necrons:32
    Phase Out: 8
    Total: 998 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found it's a "meatgrinder" scenario, with the Necrons (me) and Grey Knights defending against the IG and the Nids...

I guess I'll probably choose a lot more warriors and just have a few destroyers firing from the back then... or should I still go out there and kill the walkers and big guns of the IG? (Zoanthorpes can't fire that far, and Biovores don't really bother Necrons and Termies that much)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone confirm that the Nids only need 10 or so points to put a hive node in each unit on one of the models and then the whole unit gets 10 leadership instead of 5??? That sounds way too good to be true...

+ Reply to Thread