Are five crypteks with eldritch lances and Illuminator Sveras a good anti-tank unit? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are five crypteks with eldritch lances and Illuminator Sveras a good anti-tank unit?

Title says it all. I'm new to 40k, so I'm not sure if they're worth the points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Depends on how you do it, if they hijack a ghost ark they become more durable, so maybe. However I like to spread my crypteks out so they can't be picked off. With my cryptek hidden in a squad the troops are taking wounds and my S8 shots last much longer. Also use a triarch stalker! Making those lances twin linked becomes so darn cheap at 35 per cryptek!!!
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

4. ThanksEvilcarrot thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with that for me is that I only have four join-able units for the crypteks...and two of them already have crypteks in them. Any ideas for a different anti-tank unit for a footslogging army?Also, what would you suggest using as a proxy for a triarch stalker?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilcarrot View Post
    The problem with that for me is that I only have four join-able units for the crypteks...and two of them already have crypteks in them. Any ideas for a different anti-tank unit for a footslogging army?Also, what would you suggest using as a proxy for a triarch stalker?
    I've just been using a dreadnought for the stalker, not a good proxy, but it's a walker with a large base. Figure it works. My squads have been a little min/maxed. I have 10 immortals with Anrakyr and then 5 warriors in a ghost ark (+2 crypteks), and another 5 man warrior squad that its only purpose is to sit back on the back objective (also has 2 crypteks for 36" of S8 AP2 goodnesss).

Command Barges with someone with a warscythe are great anti tank. I'm tellin ya, I tabled the cheesiest Space wolf list out there with 2 command barges and 5 S8 AP2 guns, twin linked because of the stalker. I also wasted a very cheesy grey knight list too. So far my only question is, could I survive the Ork horde...

7. ThanksEvilcarrot thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    So far my only question is, could I survive the Ork horde...
    With a little template damage from doomsday arks or Crypteks with Abbysal staff (maybe in a unit of Death marks for the 2+) I don't see why not!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

So far my only question is, could I survive the Ork horde...
    The answer is obviously "No" ^-^

I've never played with or against Speed Freaks, but if that's what you'd encounter I don't think you'd have any problem busting 1-2 Trukks per turn. I play footslogging Shoota Boyz though (which people will argue against, but I firmly believe they're perfectly viable -- just so damn many bodies it doesn't really matter how mobile you are), which I think you'd have a lot of trouble with without any Transmogteks or the sort.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just been using a dreadnought for the stalker, not a good proxy, but it's a walker with a large base. Figure it works. My squads have been a little min/maxed. I have 10 immortals with Anrakyr and then 5 warriors in a ghost ark (+2 crypteks), and another 5 man warrior squad that its only purpose is to sit back on the back objective (also has 2 crypteks for 36" of S8 AP2 goodnesss).

Command Barges with someone with a warscythe are great anti tank. I'm tellin ya, I tabled the cheesiest Space wolf list out there with 2 command barges and 5 S8 AP2 guns, twin linked because of the stalker. I also wasted a very cheesy grey knight list too. So far my only question is, could I survive the Ork horde...
    Up until now I thought it was only one cryptek per unit, but after double checking I see that it's one cryptek per royal court per unit, so that definitely solves that problem. As for the command barge, I really like it, but one of my HQs(overlord) is walking with a blob of warriors, giving them resurrection orb and phaeron goodness, so he can't take it, and I feel it would be wasted on Szeras because of his lack of a warscythe. My main reason for Szeras was to beef up said warrior blob with Mech Augmentation, but if that isn't worth it, I could switch him out for a command barge friendly HQ.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilcarrot View Post
    Up until now I thought it was only one cryptek per unit, but after double checking I see that it's one cryptek per royal court per unit, so that definitely solves that problem. As for the command barge, I really like it, but one of my HQs(overlord) is walking with a blob of warriors, giving them resurrection orb and phaeron goodness, so he can't take it, and I feel it would be wasted on Szeras because of his lack of a warscythe. My main reason for Szeras was to beef up said warrior blob with Mech Augmentation, but if that isn't worth it, I could switch him out for a command barge friendly HQ.
    Careful too, only CERTAIN name characters open up Courts. Szeras doesn't open courts, etc. An Overlord and Anrakyr both open a court, giving me the double court goodness.

12. ThanksEvilcarrot thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, back to the drawing board then. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I personally seem to find eldritch lances very lackluster. Mine always seem to fail to either hit or penetrate, it's infuriating. Even shooting at an ig command squad, they roll three consecutive 1s to wound. I see torm crypteks as much more effective anti-tank, if you can get close enough of course. And then there's scarabs...
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast