How to use the Deathleaper? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

How to use the Deathleaper?

Hey guys,

If one was to use the Deathleaper in one of their games, how would they use it?

Just curious,

The Warlord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

In my army lists, he exists pretty much only to tank the LD of an enemy psyker. Anything else he does past that point is gravy.

I try and get him to coordinate an assault with something else on about turn 3 or 4, which is when he's going to be available. On his own, he'll just die unless you're hitting weak and/or small units.

Probably the most useful thing I do with him is to threaten long fangs, devastators, havocs, and similar units. He's likely to kill those kinds of units off, and so can't be ignored. He rarely survives to make that assault, but the distraction is often worth his sacrifice.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

When I play nids, the thunderfire cannon is one of my most hated enemies. The deathleaper excels at taking these out. He appears about 4 inches away in the (usually) bolstered ruin. His shooting has a shot at killing it right away, but even if he has to wait a turn to get the assault, he has a 2+ cover save to help him survive.

+ Reply to Thread