Tomb Stalker - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tomb Stalker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Stalker

ive been looking at this model for along time now and thinking of getting my self as its only £38 which aint bad and will look nice in my army

I've got the rules and its even more impressive but its pointscost is abit expensive.
    But is it any good and i'm wondering what other people think of it.

I manly play 2k point lists and at the moment ive only got 1 monolith and 1 doomsday ark as my heavy slots. (allthough ive got 1 annilation barge coming soon)

so all input is welcome

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AV13 (quantum shielding) living metal, 24" melta x2, and an ability to paint targets. im thinking with this new codex lists were meant to be vehicle heavy (to sell more stuff too) but with all the AV13 stuff there is, i think this model fits in nicely.

how you will use it will need to be practiced to know its weak and strong uses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the triach stalker your talking about I'm talking about the tomb stalker sold by forgeworldIf you google you'll find the rulesBut a quick run down its 195 points heavy slot monstreous creature, with fleet hit and run it gains 2 attacks on the charge also poison and snipers only hit on a 6 So just wondering what people think of this
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

Keep in mind that the Tomb Stalker is Apocalypse only.

That said I think it sounds awesome but I haven't had the chance to use it. I play Apocalypse pretty regular and with the new Necron codex out, I have good reason to buff them beyond 3000 pts.

Definitely have to pick up 2 of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

those were it's old rules. its now costed at 205 and is exactly the same except it doesn't require line of sight to charge now. It's 40k approved in the new apoc 2 reloaded book, and my GW store has allowed them[FW crap] in tourneys as long as they're 40k ok [aren't formations or superheavies.] so contemptor, and tomb stalker away!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yer spoke to 1 of the guys from my local and he said as long as the person I play agaist sais I can use it
    And no los for the charge now that will come in handy need to get the updated rules from some where now

But cheers for the replays

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

Didn't know that, thanks for the info! Planned on getting Contemptors too so I'll be able to use the models not just in Apoc. Makes it worth the money indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Well, if you want to compare them to an existing unit, C'tan aren't far off. We'll splash out an extra five points to give it pyreshards and lord of fire for a comparison.

Survivability: One extra wound and save to the stalker, but the c'tan has a 4+ invulnerable, which will be extremely handy against most high-strength fire. I'm going to say that the c'tan and the stalker's relative immunities are about even here. But since there's eternal warrior, point to C'tan.

Speed: Fleet, deep strike, and hit and run give the stalker the clear edge here. But Immune to natural law means it's not a total wash.

Combat power: the ctan has one more strength, and one more weapon skill. But, on the charge the stalker has one more attack. Against WS 4 then, the ctan is better, even on the charge.

Shooting power: Clear edge to the c'tan here, not even close (yes, I know I picked a shooty power)

Other notes: The C'tan has the potential to really mess up enemy melta weapons, which the stalker just doesn't. Also, the C'tan body can be used as a baseline for some very powerful combos, like writhing worldscape.

If you're planning on using the stalker as a huge-ass monstrous creature, I'd say the ctan is the better choice. If you're looking for a unit that'll mess with his squishier units, the stalker seems the better choice. If you're looking to support the rest of your army, again, the ctan's flexibilty gives it the edge here too. Also, bear in mind that ctan aren't top-tier units, just a passable close comparison.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But don't forget, the C'tan will eat up your points up alot. Seriously, though for trans thunderbolt, you pay 45pts, pyre shards and moulder of world 15 and 25 respectively, that's tooo much for AP -. Based on my math hammer, a unit of 10 MEQ (t4 3+) will get only 1 wound per turn. If we couple the stalker w/ Imotekh (the TS gets a better chance too hit due to its sensor spine rule, sometimes). Also, the TS is an excellent tarpit unit, you want those khorne beserkers gone, no problemo. Also, the Lord of fire rule is kinda useless IMO, seeing as it basically turns meltas into get's hot weapons and you need a 1/6 chance for it to work. Where as the war contruct rule limits sniper and posion weapons to rolls of 6 to wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Since the build I was comparing cost five points more, no it won't. Pyreshards kills almost one marine a turn, like you said - that's its points cost made up in one round of shooting. Sensor spines is pretty much pointless, it's only two flayers on something that ought to be fleeting. The TS is no better than the ctan at tarpitting, worse if the enemy has a power weapon. If were to play dark eldar, then yeah, the TS has the advantage, but if you're facing a melta-heavy army, lord of fire is a really nice bonus.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

+ Reply to Thread