Customising your C'Tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customising your C'Tan

With all the new guns and models available in the new Codex, not to mention their brutalisation in the new fluff, i feel the C'Tan have stepped back into the shadows somewhat. I agree they have lost some character in their drop to generic Shard status, but they now have opened up some fresh modelling options.

I've even considered making a fun list with 3 C'Tan (but I don't want to discuss the merits of this here). With this in mind i've been looking around for different models with which to represent some of the loadouts. If anyone has any suggestions for alternative C'Tan models, please post here with or without your choice of upgrade.

To start with, here's an alternative model for a Writhing Worldscape C'Tan. Fluff-wise I could give him Time's Arrow as 2nd upgrade (cos these Ents do tend to talk to you for a looong time) or Moulder of Worlds.

I also thought of a modified Avatar of Khaine for a Pyreshards+Lord of Fire C'Tan.

Last edited by krytie; January 12th, 2012 at 16:07.
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

I was considering a metal medusa type C'tan but had no idea how to do it.

I was also considering a Flayer C'Tan. I was thinking about using a Finecast Nightbringer model as a base. Remove the sythe and replace with claws, other areas would be "Deamonized" to give a unique apperance.

There is also the Void Dragon idea i had, where you take any of the 2 finecast C'tan, then pimp him out with mechanical parts to give him the tech-god apperance.

Just a few ideas i had rolling around in my head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x1)

I'll admit that I went the cheap route and just used a Sepulchral Stalker on a 60mm round base.

m1740190a_99120217006_NecroStalkers1_873x627.jpg

Paint the body the appropriate metal to match the rest and maybe add on some interesting effects on the face and weapon. For instance, mine is done in a bloody-rust metal, with a bone-colored face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molder of Worlds and Writhing Worldscape does seem like good options to go together in a single shard, fluff-wise. I don't have ideas for modeling the shards but I did have a basing idea for the new fluff. I plan to put some sturdy clear plastic around the model and top it with a second 40mm base. It will look like the C'Tan is in a cylinder then; a storage device that keeps it contained until its Necron masters need it for battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run one with Fire and Worlds (Fire is cheap) and I hang him back to protect my Warriors. I also often use a Spirit Swarm with Time Arrow to charge forward and get into CC. That extra +1 save can be a life saver!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm running a Forge World Tomb Stalker as a Writhing Worldscape/Transdimentional Thunderbolt. I modeled it to look like it has tesla weapons and tesla coils running down it's back.
    "LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell Dorado has some nice models that I considered using for a C'Tan shard; eventually I went with Samael from the Demons faction. He's not dissimilar to Nightbringer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took Nightbringer and added a helmet/sword to make him look like Pyramid Head from Silent Hill and added a ton of scarabs to his base. Also bought a Inquisitor: Damien 1427 | Games Workshop but have not decided how I will change him...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

+ Reply to Thread