Thoughts on running ctans with spiders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on running ctans with spiders

Playing a campaign with some buddies and heading up against tau who likes his broadsides first battle went really well with 1k points loss to 200 of mine but second battle plan was this, now that he knows about imos night fighting.

nanoscarabs for a flayed one deep strike...20 warriors with cryptek and veil big question was getting my ctan through a line of rail guns and since monsterous creatures may create a unit of other monsterous creatures thought about running him with 3 spiders. Spiders can pop out scarabs while they run and my ctan now has 3 three wound body guards more or less. Thoughts? Was also going to run the wraiths in front of this group hoping to draw fire to the invunerable saves of the wraiths.

I am still new to warhammer but learning as I go so general tips vs tau and orks are helpful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Ctan are not Independant characters/HQ's and thus cannot be joined to a unit. Even in the previous codex they had a rule that denied them being attached. That said, Ctan are walking bullet magnets. Also I don't feel they are priced well. Being forced to take 2 upgrades really makes them SUPER spendy for a single MC. I wish they were cheaper or you weren't forced to take the upgrades.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    Ctan are not Independant characters/HQ's and thus cannot be joined to a unit. Even in the previous codex they had a rule that denied them being attached. That said, Ctan are walking bullet magnets. Also I don't feel they are priced well. Being forced to take 2 upgrades really makes them SUPER spendy for a single MC. I wish they were cheaper or you weren't forced to take the upgrades.
    Hmm could the spiders potentially cause a line of sight issue for the god if running behind? Well or at least a cover save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but yes that seems to be the issue with ctans...too much of a magnet and not enough speed to make up for it and too much points to be wasted as a magnet. Might be better off going with another unit of wraiths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I am looking at a 2450 force going up a potential 2700 tau+ ork army so I am going to have to out play them to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'tans actually are pretty good against Tau. They have a lot of high st/ap weapons, but with 4 wounds, that should be over 10 Broadside/Railgun shots to do that. He can kill one a turn if that is the ONLY thing he focuses his fire on. He is going to miss, and he is going to roll 1's to wound, and you do have a 4++ save, so I say go nuts! If he wants to shoot all of his Fire Warriors or Kroot there too - fine. Hitting on 4s and wounding on 6's ain't so hot at all.

While he is doing that, your other 2000 points should be free to run around. I run two C'tans and make it work. You can solar pulse, cover and suppressing fire in your favour also!

+ Reply to Thread