Tmc Rule Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After it mentions allocating attacks in btb, it says they may choose to shoot at a target different than the unit they've joined. It's confusingly not clear to me.

Can a TMC in HTH still shoot during shooting at a different unit even though its engaged??

Things are written rather oddly in this case...Anyone clear it up?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it is stated quite clearly that when it joins a unit, say warriors, that if the warriors shoot at the guardians, then the monstrous creature can either shoot the guardians, or tank, or anything. It does not change anything in close combat, the normal rules apply. So the montrous creature can't shoot in close combat, just like every other unit. (Y)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by hilo_8292@Oct 21 2004, 22:13
    No, it is stated quite clearly
    [snapback]235317[/snapback]
    If it were that clear to me I wouldn't have asked someone to clarify it! Thanks very much though.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a further question on this, which hopefully has an obvious answer:

Tyrant joins Warriors. Warriors shoot Target A, Tyrant shoots Target B.

1) What happens if the unit assaults Target A?

Is the Tyrant forced to leave the unit and stay where he is, or is he dragged along. If he is dragged along, does he have to stand and watch as it is a target he didn't shoot?

2) What happens if the unit assaults Target B?

Is the Tyrant forced to leave the unit and assault alone, or are the warriors dragged along? If they are dragged along, do they have to stand and watch, as it is not the target they shot at?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

1) Nothing special. As a monstrous creature the tyrant can assault something else than it shot.

2) That's not legal. The guards can only assault what they shot, and the tyrant can't leave them anymore during the assault phase.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, about joining groups with warriors, will the warriors act like tyrant guard and block any attacks? 'cause i'm not too sure whether i should or shouldn't buy some guards...
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, about joining groups with warriors, will the warriors act like tyrant guard and block any attacks? 'cause i'm not too sure whether i should or shouldn't buy some guards...
    No can do. Go with the guard
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by ArchonAstaroth@Oct 22 2004, 13:10
    1) Nothing special. As a monstrous creature the tyrant can assault something else than it shot.
    --- MC/TMCs assault what they shot at like everything else, they have no special rules in this regard.

This would make assaulting tricky, since essentially... Hmm. I would suggest to discuss this with Your opponent. The most sensible solution would be that if the two enemy units are close by, You place the models so that the Tyrant engages the unit it shot at, and the unit joined with engages the one they shot at. Of course, the Tyrant and the unit joined need to stay withing coherency, and if they can't do this they can't assault this turn.

crazy_rabit-99, Codex page 6, right column, "Tyranid Monstrous Creatures", first point. So no, Warriors can't stop a Tyrant from getting shot.

Personally, I suggest to steer clear of the Guard models... IMO they suck bad, I'd rather convert from Warriors.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Why would you join warriors with Tyrants anyway? Keep them as seperate units but close together if you like then there is no confusion or trouble with shooting and assault.

Guard are ueful, and I personally don't mind the model. Almost everyone else I have heard hates it though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Oct 24 2004, 17:53
    --- MC/TMCs assault what they shot at like everything else, they have no special rules in this regard.
    Hey got a further question. What happens if you shoot at say a tank with you Tyrant, and it blows up (hehe) can the tyrant then assault something else?

Also are any units capable of Assaulting other than what it shot at? Tanks maybe? not sure about htis whole rule.

THanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast