Our evil brethren - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our evil brethren

Alright LO,

been awhile since I was last on here, got fired up to start playing again. Friend of mine has acquired some Dark Eldar and we're gonna be playing 1000 pts this coming Saturday. I've looked at their codex and figured I'll go with a list consisting of DA's in WS's (along with a doomseer) and probably three naked Prisms to pop his raiders (I believe he has 2). I rather not waste my time with assaults and just go with a gun and run strat. Is this viable?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

yes it is you might want to put scatter lazers on the WS's if you havent already those can put the hurt on his army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's what I planned on running

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you wondering, I played him today and tabled him. He conceded to me at the end of turn 2, after I had popped both raiders and started tearing through the wyches with shuricannons and scatters. Despite stealing the initiative on me, he rolled absolutely terribly with the dark lances on the raiders and two footslogging warriors. He was very disheartened after those missed DL shots and realized that I could just out maneuver his remaining warriors, reavers and helions.

He now wants to exact revenge on me by playing his Tau, says he's gonna take plenty of railguns. I think I might do a double autarch list and do a reserves army or straight up mech list, probably around 1500 pts next Saturday. Who knows.

Today though, I was glad to discover my new Eldar Mech creed: Never get out of a vehicle if you don't have to. Words to live by indeed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by glibrarian View Post
    Today though, I was glad to discover my new Eldar Mech creed: Never get out of a vehicle if you don't have to. Words to live by indeed.
    Welcome to the fold. I discovered this myself and its what mech eldar is and always will be, Hard on the out side, soft and squidgy on the inside. LOL

7. LikeEl_Jairo liked this post.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Dont be scared of railguns, you have energy fields.

Instead of 3 prisms yos may want to try 1 night spinner n 2 prisms. I like the versatility of the night spinner myself. (but the real power comes when you use mass dragons and scatter laser walkers)
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Macleod View Post
    Welcome to the fold. I discovered this myself and its what mech eldar is and always will be, Hard on the out side, soft and squidgy on the inside. LOL
    You can't ever say stuff like that, because edition changes can turn stuff upside down(transports were deathtraps not long ago), and new codexs seem deliberately designed to make what everybody already owns crap and stuff they haven't bought good. (I expect our waveserpents to get the starcannon treatment next time around).

The relevant point for the OP being leave yourself with as many options as possible. For goodness sakes do NOT use superglue when putting on weapons and vehicle upgrades (or even turrets). Magnitize, use tacky glue, let your primer and paint act as "glue", something. You might also have to do some converting if you don't have deep pockets. For example I bet a lot of people here converted a lot of "immortal falcons" into waveserpents.

But yeah, for now it seems like Eldar stuff has major issues surviving on the ground. Though I do seem to get a lot of use out of my wave serpent mounted seer council, and tourney winning lists seem to have a habit of including wraithguard on the ground as troops.

As for Tau, I find they just can't keep Eldar "off" of them, especially if they neglect their markerlights so we actually get our cover saves when moving fast or hiding 1st turn. Their special rules don't work so well close in, their vehicles are at a significant disadvantage in close in "dogfights" with our serpents, and even DAVU avengers can run off Tau infantry (though do some mathhammer ahead of time on that so you don't bite off more than you can chew).

Also if they've set up their infantry in a firing line near the board edge, you can make some glorious tank shock runs with partially trashed serpents and watch 'em head off the board.

+ Reply to Thread