Help! 2000 ork list!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! 2000 ork list!!!

Hey Guys Im Fairly new to orks (have about 1400 points worth, several games under my belt.). Im looking to create a 2000 points army list for future games and here is wat ive come up with. It is geared more towards Bad Moonz with several other clan twists thrown in. Tell me what you guys think, any comment/ideas are helpfull.

HQ:
    -Big boss: Power Klaw, Cybork, Heavy armor, Shoota/skorcha = 105p
    Big Mek: KFF, Heavy armor (to keep the KFF alive)= 90p

ELITES:
    -10 lootas= 150p
    -10 lootas= 150p
    -10 burnas=150p ( meant to go in one of the BW)

TROOPS:
    -20 shootas: 2 Big Shootas, Nob w/ PK= 165p
    -20 sluggas: 1 Big Shoota, 1 Rokkit, Nob w/ PK+Boss Pole = 175p
    -20 sluggas: 1 big shoota, 1 rokkit, Nob w/ PK+Boss Pole = 175p
    -10 sluggas: Nob w/ PK, TRUKK = 130p
    -5 Nobz: 4 Big Choppas, 1 Power Klaw, Heavy Armors = 170p

HEAVY:
    -3 Killa Kans: 3 Grotzookas = 135p
    -BattleWagon: Deaf-Rolla = 110p
    -BattleWagon: Deaf-Rolla = 110p

FAST ATTAK:
    -6 Bikers: Nob w/ PK = 185p

TOTAL POINTS= 2000 POINTS

Thanks for all advice/ comments and I have a few Questions. Who should I put into my 2nd BW? who should my Big Mek Go with. Nobz count as a troop choice Cuz of my Big Boss in case anybody was wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Nice just wondering who goes in the 2nd BW. If you dont have anyone planned thought about a looted wagon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read at the bottom of my post it says Im not sure who shud go in that BW????? Any Ideas who?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

I got lots of subtle tweaking to do to your list to make it flow better. I am at work and on my phone so I will get back to it when I'm home.

6. LikeOrkFiesta liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks SOO Much Scottyde. Also Should I have some looted Wagons somewhere in there to?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

2000 Pts - Codex: Orks Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2000

HQ:
    Big Mek (100 pts) = 'Eavy Armour+ Cybork Body + Kustom Force Field (Gets both an invul + heavy armour)

Warboss (108 pts) = 'Eavy Armour + Cybork Body + Power Klaw + Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon + Ammo Runt (there were 3 points left to spend I figure why not have an ammo runt)

Elite:
    10x Lootas (150 pts)
    10x Lootas (150 pts)
    10x Burna Boyz (150 pts) (Your elites looked good)

20x Shoota Boyz (170 pts)
    19 Boyz + 2x Big shoota
    1 Boyz Nob, 46 pts = Bosspole + Power Klaw(This unit was fine, but I think I gave it a bosspole)

20x Slugga Choppa Boyz (160 pts)
    19 Boyz
    1 Boyz Nob, 46 pts = Bosspole + Power Klaw(Took out rokkits, they are foot sloggin slugga boys, you should be running in the shooting phase, not shooting 1 bs2 rokkit)

20x Slugga Choppa Boyz (160 pts)
    19 Boyz
    1 Boyz Nob, 46 pts = Bosspole + Power Klaw(Took out the big shoota for the same reason, if they aren't running you are doin it wrong, also orks don't lack in anti infantry fire power)

12x Slugga /choppa Boyz (152 pts)
    11 Boyz
    1 Boyz Nob, 46 pts = Bosspole + Power Klaw
    1 Trukk, 40 pts = Reinforced Ram (Keeps that trukk cheap and still moving, also added a boy so you have a full load, no sense in taking unfull transport)

5x Nobz (335 pts)
    1 Nobz, 30 pts = 'Eavy Armour + Big Choppa
    1 Nobz, 35 pts = 'Eavy Armour + Big Choppa + Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon
    1 Nobz, 45 pts = 'Eavy Armour + Waaagh! Banner + Big Choppa
    1 Nobz, 35 pts = 'Eavy Armour + Bosspole + Big Choppa
    1 Nobz, 50 pts = 'Eavy Armour + Power Klaw
    1 Battlewagon, 140 pts = Armour Plates + Deff Rolla + Grot Rigger + Kannon + Big Shoota x1(I'll touch on bwagon upgrades later, I individually kitted out your nobs, you can now do wound allocation abuse (go look it up if your unaware about this) It also bring more hitting power and staying power to the group, you can skorcha on the way in, in combination with your warboss skorcha, + the boss pole adds staying power since you won't have high numbers or high ld. The waaagh banner brings up your ws, so you can still hit those pesky high ws characters or monsterous creatures should you be stuck fighting them. Put your warboss in this battlewagon and watch this group destroy)

Fast Attack:
    1x Deffkopta (45 pts) - Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha
    1x Deffkopta (45 pts) - Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha(Removed your rokkits from your boys, added them here, look up deffkopta tactics, they can do some great stuff as well as are a successfull distraction unit)

Heavy Support:
    3x Killer Kans (135 pts) -Grotzooka x3(Left these)
    1x Battlewagon (140 pts) - Armour Plates + Deff Rolla + Grot Rigger + Kannon + Big Shoota x1(You kit your wagons like this, they keep moving "plates + riggers and you can fire your kannon as a deffensive weapon, the big shoota is a distraction/weapon destroyed result, don't fire it almost ever)
    Last edited by scottyde; January 31st, 2012 at 05:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much that is really helfpfull and i can see how that would flow better. What do you think about changing one squad of 20 Sluggas for Shootas as ive read that shootas tend to be better at footslogging. Can i also have any tactical tips from any experienced Ork players out there on how to use this army to full devastating use? Thnx A lot Scottyde for taking the time to do that.

What is also the greatest weakness of this army and how should I deal with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you want a painboy in the nob squad feel no pain is not something that nobs should go without

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 170 point Nob Squad is a waste of points, without a Trukk they will be easy to gun down. 3 Mega Nobz W/ 2 Kombi Skorcha's and a Trukk W/ Big Shoota would be a far better investment. They all get Power Klaws and a 2+ save, and if they meet Mob's you've got 2 templates to lay as well. Their only weakness is their lack of an invuln (solution: buy Cybork bodies) and Slow and Purposeful, but thats what the Trukk is for.
    Last edited by Sharpie; March 3rd, 2012 at 00:23.

+ Reply to Thread