Is Stbo Dead As Of Right Now? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure that this has been discussed to death and perhaps I am on my way to getting a quick lock on this topic but:

If the BGB allows us to get FoF on leaping warriors since the BGB seems to say so and seems to override the codex, how does the new 'leadership test to shoot specific targets' rule not negate and override the StBO rule?

Me am confused... :unsure:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BGB doesn't OVERRIDE the codex as far as Leaping Warriors go, so much as ADD to the codex. Its a new option that didn't previously exist, as opposed to a "no you can't do that BUT now you can".

We're in a funny transition because we have not 1, not 2, but 3 god damn peices of official text telling us what is legal and what is correct.

BGB -- Online FAQ -- Codex

You have to use logic in each and every application of the rules at this point in time. It gets complicated sometimes but usually there is a clear ruling. As far as the leadership thing, you need to use rules from the BGB as much as possible, but when pertaining directly to Tyranids turn to the FAQ. If its not explained in the FAQ clearly, then turn to the Codex.

So to answer, look at the FAQ. STBO is still there just with different wording. The BGB is not the end all ruling in 40k at the moment, not by a longshot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm... i've been confused aswell, and i do not know where the faq is, so if it's on the net, can somebody post a link, otherwise, tell me where i can find it.
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by crazy_rabit-99@Oct 22 2004, 15:25
    umm... i've been confused aswell, and i do not know where the faq is, so if it's on the net, can somebody post a link, otherwise, tell me where i can find it.
    [snapback]235764[/snapback]
    I looked it up in the 4.01 FAQ it's completely clear. Basically all other troops automatically pass all targeting LD tests when shooting at Tyranids. Sounds like StBO is here to stay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crazy_rabit-99 Posted Yesterday, 17:25
    Go to the GW website, 40k section. If you look on the heading at the left of the page (I think) you;ll find the 40K FAQ section. It's broken down by army once you're there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres the link :-

faq for tyranids
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on that link, i clicked on "i agree" and then all that came up was a blank screen with a triangle in the corner, i tried refreshing and i waited for about 5 minutes buit nothing happened.
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have the Adobe Reader?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.k. i found the problem, i had adobe reader but it was turned off, it works fine now and i have the page on my favourites, i've saved the info on the desktop AND printed it off!

+ Reply to Thread