Unique Ork Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently working on my ork army and I was trying to think of some ways to make them unique. I think it might be fun for everyone to post some ideas on how they have made their force a unique and individual army with some character and personality. Some ideas of mine to get it started:

1. Space Marines have 1000s of chapters, but the orks only have 6 clans. Why not invent your own clan with unique clan colors or fighting style? You could even have different markings, paint, glyphs, or armor.

2. Maybe orks do not have to be green. Think about it, they are green because of the algae DNA in their body cells. If I remember my high school biology class from 8 years ago, algae is only green on earth because plants absorb red and blue wavelenghts and reflect green. It would seem silly if plants everywhere in the universe absorbed the same wavelengths of light, so why not have red orks or black orks or other cool skin colors? Science and all that aside, it would be cool looking and skin tone is something that pretty much every other race has the option of changing.

Anyone else have any suggestions on interesting ways to model or play an ork army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An old genestealer article stated that genestealers could mate with orks.
    Half-ork+half-tyranid=uber powerful tyra-ork

http://www.criticalhit.net/w40krp/WD...stealers.shtml
    I am with stupid /\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a 40K in a Flash orc army once that was more or less a Khorne worshipping orc army list. Straight out of the orc codex, but instead of all green the where mostly all red. With a Red Gore/Dark Angel Green Wash to darken the skin and give it that little hint of green to them. That and a TON of khorne symbols and Khorne axes. All in all it did not change the rules any, the guy was just a HUGE chaos fanatic just like myself and orcs lend themselves over to Khorne so easily in thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my own ork clan with my red warpaint and i try to kustomise all of my wargear to look cool. I origanily had my orks painted red over black primer whick looked awsome, the black stays in to outline the muscles while the red (don't make it to bright) highlighted the rest. I got some good comments about them, but my urge to continue painting made me go back to green. But if you can get the right shade of blue it might look pretty cool.
    <span style='color:green'>Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so it don&#39;t count as beat. If we runs for it we don&#39;t die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see&#33;</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ork warband, Kaptin Badruck von Squigwit&#39;s Desert Raidas, also known as the white orks, pansies or &#39;uman bloods. The Orks, led by their Kaptin, have modeled themselves on the armies of teh Imperial Guard, tearing chunks of tanks to armour their vehicles, and copying insignia. Also, the ork&#39;s skin is much paler than normal orks, leading them to be classed as "white" orks. Understandably, other ork clans look down on the raidas, stating that their lack of green in their skin also shows that they arnt true orks, and may also explain their fondness for human ways.
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we did a thread on this a few months ago....got silly....
    ne who, i stick with me deathskullz and leave it at that because even though clans may be narrowed and they are nothing more than a vicious fungus with teeth, i know that every orkoid race carries the knowledge of the one who&#39;s spores they had came from thusly carriying on that clans respective order.
    the only way this would not apply would be in the case of a choas taint or mutation...if this occurs then they really aren&#39;t orks anymore, but mindless beasts of the warp powers and thusly a slave therin, leaving the possibility of joining any other Waagghh&#33; impossible because they would serve the chaos gods not the Warlord. <_<
    so in that sense, i see the possiblity for other clans but i also see the reason for the dominant clans and how they are most present...in the back of the ork codex, doesnt it say that there are many more clans but it presents the most common ones???
    WWWAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33;
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I like my orks the way they are Mean and Green&#33; i say green is a nice color so im going to go with this: "if it aint broke don&#39;t fix it"&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying there is anything wrong with green or standard orks&#33; Mine are green. I am just trying to come up wtih some ideas on how to give them some unique flavor. I am starting to model a mob of skarboyz and I want everyone who sees them to know that they are somehow stronger or able to do more damage than the other boyz, but I don&#39;t know how to convert them to look "stonger." So I modeling them all swinging their choppas with two hands. Overhead cleave attacks&#33; They look like they would have a better chance of wounding. I am then showing their sluggas on their belts and backs I think. Unless I get a better idea. I only have two done so far. Lots of cutting and green stuff...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just had an idea....
    what if you put a clan together of some really down an out orks....
    they could be real shabby and half naked(you could use WH fantasy models)these guys would be feral in the most sense that every thing that they have is junky and yet they still have some of the best equipment....
    they could all wear solid puke orange clothes and have very light green skin tones...as if they were sick....
    maybe add some sores....oohhhh,,....they survived a huge nurgle battle that left thier once proud land desolated with plauge and rot...hence the sickly look...
    but they have not given into the choas taint, just mearly dealing with it and surviving...
    hhmmmmm....i gave it a shot&#33;
    WWWWAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customizations&#33;

If you&#39;re like me, you have a heap of plastic orks from the old 2nd edition starter packs and some fools have gone and cut them up into little pieces. You also have a bitz box full of extra arms and strange pieces of mega-armoured Nobz, buggies, and random junk like pipes and stuff.

Go crazy&#33; I turned a simple 2nd edition ork torso (no legs, arms, or head) into the deadliest model in my collection. Metal tubes for legs, a crazy kustom blasta made from about four guns, pipes everywhere, iron gob, big back-pack thingy and most important of all... a wind uppy wheel thing for his legs&#33;

Damn its orky&#33;

+ Reply to Thread