Best Hive Tyrant setup? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Hive Tyrant setup?

Just bought a Hive Tyrant Model considering converting what do you think is the best way to equip her?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

That would depend on what type of army you play.
    I run mine with Wings, Hive Commander and dual Scything Talons and it works fairly well for me.
    I've given it a try with Armoured Shell and a Heavy Venom Cannon but it didn't really impress me.

Worth noting is that it can only use 1 psychic power per turn, and it must be used against the unit you are shooting at or will be assaulting.
    If you use a psychic power you may only fire 1 additional weapon and not both ranged weapons if you have 2 equipped.

You should look at your army and think about what you need. If you lack Synapse in the front lines giving him CC weapons and Wings for speed isn't a bad choice.
    If you lack ranged weapons and synapse in your back field he'll be better off with HVC.
    More often than not I'd say you should take Tyrant Guard however, but that isn't really gear in the traditional sense.
    Tyrant Guard are infantry and as such it will make it a lot easier to get a cover save with your Hive Tyrant.

4. LikePotemkins liked this post.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

2 main set ups - Twin tallons or Twin TL devourers. You could look at devourers + a stranglethorn, but don't waste your time with an HVC, its just a generally poor choice on a tyrant, stranglethorn out-performs it against infantry and 200+ points is too much for a rather poor tank hunting shot. Also take tyrant guards over armoured shell. 2 extra wounds, cover saves and a few extra attacks is so so much better than a 2+ save. Its not anti infantry fire that kills these anyway, its ap 1 and 2 and armoured shell doesn't help with that. Old Adversary and Hive commander can be good depending on the list.
    Last edited by Heirodule; February 2nd, 2012 at 02:12.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

6. LikePotemkins liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you both for the advice, funny how the boxed model set up isn't that great #raises fist a GW#

I'm looking forward to getting her battleworthy.

+ Reply to Thread