Fast Attack Overload; I want my all Destroyer army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast Attack Overload; I want my all Destroyer army!

Like many people that have been around the hobby for a few years, I play multiple armies. I've been focusing on completing my Deathwing and converting vehicles for my Orks; but I finally got around to reading the new Necron codex (my smallest army).

Was it too much to ask for my Destroyers to be brought as troops? Ok, I know, at first you're thinking "Yes, in fact that would be a tad much." But wait a second; did the the destroyer lord have to be sooooo cheap? They could have thrown on an extra power or two, made him 175-200 points with the rule that reads, "Destroyer of Worlds: Taking a Destroyer Lord allows Destroyers to be counted as troops OR Fast Attack" Then my dream army of 30 (With some being Heavy) destroyers, 10 Wraiths and 10 scarabs as a 2k army is doable.

Now ask yourself; is that army over powered? I contend that it is not. It's absurdly fast; but it's also absurdly fragile. Now the Necrons got a panoply of new units and powers. Along with the fluff changes; it's like a completely new army. But nothing has changed from the old codex in the sense that there are too many good units in the Fast Attack section, and not enough slots.

Just My .02, I guess I'll have to wait until 2019 for my dream to come true.....

Last edited by The Shrike; February 7th, 2012 at 18:14. Reason: Spelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

No, it's not OP. It'll make for a good list though, but it's definitely not OP. The destroyers are not all that hard to shoot down and are rather expensive.

If you want to make destroyers troops, just make up a custom destroyer lord HQ and ask your opponent if you can play such an army against them.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

jy2's ot it right, just play a friendly and use a custom HQ.
    but yeah, i do agree with you, there were some good chances for FOC swaps in our codex (flayed ones, destroyers) but they seemed to miss out on them.

5. LikeFrogsrule10 liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

i think with the solid rumoring of the FOC trades in 6th ed, it would be a little over the top, but eh, what do i know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as 6th goes we'll all have to wait and see. I still have a sneaky feeling Monoliths are going to make a big comeback. Even if the leaked rules are a fake; this is how GW works. Everyone spammed light armor in
    5th; they can't nerf all vehicles because no one would buy the models anymore, so instead they'll just make heavy armor amazing- leading to the masses buying a bunch of those. 7th will refocus on massed infantry; and the cycle continues. And everyone says GW failed econ 101.....

Sorry to derail my own thread; but as it was a wishy post anyway; who cares?

+ Reply to Thread