Ork Flyers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ork Flyers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am going to get a flyer for my bad moonz here sometime before christmas and I just wanted to know if anyone had experience with them. I'm mainly trying to decide which to get: the fighta bomma or just the bomma. The price difference between the two is only 10 pounds so I am having a hard time. While I like the look of the fighta bomma, the bomma seems like it could dish out much more punishment.

Also, I know about the rules regarding posting stats on the internet so I hope I can make this vague enough without breaking those. I know the rough cost of the fighta bomma, but have no idea how many points the bomma is. Could anyone tell me if it is a significant difference in points between the two? (significant difference being more than about 75 points.)

The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in the second latest edition of white dwark, there was a battle - freeks vs IG. Anyway, freeks had a fighta - bomber and it was definately "man of the match"! However, the fighta bomber was most effective with its big bombs and not so much its shootas. So i think since the bomber has more bombz, it will be more effective...but what happens when it runs out of bombz is the question...
    "Honour the Craft of Death"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I bought IA2 so all the stat secrets have been revealed. Anyway, I am still trying to decide which one to buy. I like the looks of the fighta bomba better and it's cost would allow me to use it in smaller games. However, the bomba seems like it would be much more effective, but it is fairly points intensive for an ork vehicle.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

But then again flyers are very difficult to take down without the aid of dedicated flak units you most of the time it is a good investment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, youll probably end up sacrificing 2 squads of slugga boys for a bomba but in my opinion its worth it !

Its very expensive in points (except for lascannons and devastator squads) so make sure you get into cc with units thaat are capable of scratching it and bomb the hell out of dem 'umies!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    "Honour the Craft of Death"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks like the bommer won out. Even though it costs alot of points, it can make alot of them by dropping 2 big bombs and 2 bombs in one round. While I'm at it I might as well pay the points for grot guided bombs. :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fighta bommer looks better to me if you take point costs into account.
    aka the little flamethrower girl, aka jachu_ka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Besides it goes Fast, carries a lot of gunz, what more reason do Orks need

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go for a Bommer. I'm thinking of building my own and I was wondering if any of you had built your own and whether you had any pics you could post?
    'It's Irrational, It's Impossible, It's Against my Religion'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what you chose, but they're really only good for mega-battles and the such.

I've found their effectivness on the field to be suspect, and I certainly wouldn't field one as a replacement for a proper unit.

+ Reply to Thread