Warrior Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought a pack of warriors and I'm wondering how I should put them together. I really like the VC, but I'm hearingthat CC warriors are with leaping are the best

Would it be advisable to put a VC on just one warrior and give the rest Scythes and rending claws with extended claws and flesh hooks?

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

That would not be worth it because you would want the combat ones to FoC then the VC would be useless.

Either take two deathspitters and a vennom cannon, all with ST, or go with the leaping ones fully combat.

It depends on your playing style and what tactics you want to use. Currently I have the shooty warriors, but I got them in 3rd ed. My next warriors, when I go back to nids after the next codex comes out, will be combat ones with either leaping or wings.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by strewart@Oct 23 2004, 05:41
    That would not be worth it because you would want the combat ones to FoC then the VC would be useless.

Either take two deathspitters and a vennom cannon, all with ST, or go with the leaping ones fully combat.

It depends on your playing style and what tactics you want to use. Currently I have the shooty warriors, but I got them in 3rd ed. My next warriors, when I go back to nids after the next codex comes out, will be combat ones with either leaping or wings.
    [snapback]236021[/snapback]

I figure with the lack of range in my current army list some shooty warriors might help. I know they only have a range skill of 3 but it's better then nothing. Maybe I can skip using shooty warriors if I field 2 biovores instead??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that having the group with one VC is a fine idea. You can still take one assault bio-morph for the guy with the VC so you're really not taking a huge hit to your close combat capabilitys. You gain two shots a turn including on the turn you assault and you pass any test to pick a target automatically since the warrior is always in synapse range. As for the fleet of claw thing I dont see where it says warriors have that ability so no problem there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

If the warriors are leaping they get FoC... If you want combat warriors either leaping or wings are a must.

If you want shooting warriors, like I said, 1 VC and 2 deathspitters with the second choice for every warriors being scything talons. Having half the unit combat and half shooting seems a waste of points, like putting melta guns and lascannons in the same unit for marines.

Biovores are great for shooting, take a few of them. Monstrous creatures with scything talons and vennom cannon work well too.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread