Tau vs Corsairs @ 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Tau vs Corsairs @ 1500pts

Hi All,

Had a 1500pt game at the weekend vs a pal who was using the new Eldar Corsairs list from IA11 and thought I'd give you a run down of the list and how the game panned out...

My list was this:

'El fireknife with TA
    2 x bodyguard fireknives with TAs (yes paying extra points just for BS4, but I can't bear the sight of 50% miss rate)

2 x Deathrain with TA
    2 x Deathrain with TA

6 Firewarriors (rifles)
    6 Firewarriors (rifles)

10 kroot
    10 kroot

4 pathfinders - fish has pods
    4 pathfinders - fish has pods

Railhead with pod, MT, burst cannons
    Railhead with pod, MT, burst cannons

Skyray with Pod, MT, SMS, TA

His list was something like...

Prince + gubbins
    5 corsairs
    3 jetbikes with fusion pistol, cannon
    3 jetbikes with fusion pistol, cannon
    3 x Nightwings with gubbins
    3 x Warp hunters with gubbins
    everything that could had holofields

We had the 2 objective game with pitched battle deployment, I wont the roll and went first, deployed fish in the middle with FWs behind them ready to jump in, pathfinder squad each side in ruins, one deathrain squad in ruins on right hand side with pathfinders, with the commander's squad behind these ruins for jsj shenanigans, the other deathrain squad was behind the ruins on the other side, the hammerheads and skyray all hid behind ruins as well out of LoS.

He reserved everything, outflanking with both JB squads and deepstriking one warp hunter

The kroot then infiltrated in two long lines in front of my fishes

First turn i hopped in to fish, and positioned the pathfinders a bit better at the forefront of the ruins they were in (they were initially hampered by deployment zones), all tanks shimmied

His first turn nothing happened (obviously)

My second, more shimmying, slight repositioning again

His second, everything except 1 nightwing, his prince and corsairs arrived... Nuts

Had a jetbike squad inches away from each hammerhead, his DSing warphunter scattered away from me but no test required (unfortunately), everything else moved on... fortunately, his shooting phase was the very definition of Naff. he didnt damage a single thing, fluffing every single roll, he farted about with jetbikes in his assault phase moving them away from tanks

And so the game progressed, I assaulted one unit of jetbikes with a kroot unit, just in order to tie them up, the other unit got wiped out by the fireknife squad. deptroyed the Warphunter that deepstruck (5+6 on damage roll - take that holo fields) every other tank got suppressed in some way or other

I can't really remember the rest of the game so clearly (in my defence, it was two days ago and I had half a bottle of whiskey that night), I remember that his jetbnike squad eventually broke and swept my kroot unit, the other kroot unit got knocked down to 2 men after threatening a nightwing with rapid fire (and not doing anything), other than that, I only lost 1 deathrain and a wound from one squad, everything was completely intact.

I held one objective when the game ended, the other was uncontested, though one of my hammerheads would have been in contest range next turn had the game ran that far

I think that tactically, I nailed this game. Prime objective was to get rid of the jetbikes from my lines (also conveniently removing two scoring units in the process) and then suppression, I'd make sure as many of his tanks as possible weren't firing and then focus on one to destroy it. The only thing I could have done better really would have been to submunition his corsair squad just to remove that scoring unit from the game, but he generally kept them hidden away behind things

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Nicely done. How did the Skyray perform for you? I don't care for them but if you can make it work, more power to you.
    - Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

I was relatively impressed with the skyray in this game, I don't think it actually destroyed anything, but with the reliability of shooting from my XV8s (all bs4) I think I only felt like I had to boost a squads BS to 5 once, this left the remaining markerlights (there are 10 in this list) being used for stripping cover and firing off seekers.

And although it didnt destroy everything, it definitely suppressed something each turn, which against this corsair list with 6 bright lances and 3 barrage d-cannons (ignores cover therefore ignores d.pod) that was all important to me.

Skyray vs Broadsides.... hmmmm don't know. Broadsides are probably more effecient on an effectiveness/point scale, but I think the Skyray brings something different to the table, plus the broadsides are frikkin expensive (in a wallet perspective) and it adds another large hull that can be used for blocking and general irritation once its payload has been spent

+ Reply to Thread