Should I buy? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I buy?

I have someone who offered me his Tyranids at what I think is a resonable price. I was curious what everyone thinks and if it's a good starting point for the army.

94 Hormagaunts
    62 Termagaunts
    20 Genesteelers
    2 Venomthropes
    3 Zoanthropes
    3 Hive Guard
    4 Carnevians
    2 Trygons
    Old one Eye
    Tyranid Prime
    Hive Tyrant

Total for everything 350. What do you all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Firstly is that 350 dollars, pounds, euros or what? Im guessing dollars but it would be handy to know.

Secondly.... eh. Chances are you wont use a lot of that most of the time, carnifex's rarely make it into a lot of lists (... you did mean carnifexs right, not tervigons or something? ) and I can't think of a time I last used more than 40 hormaguants or 10 genestealers. To be honest If you wrote out a list you'd be interested in, and shopped around online for discounts (I know Darksphere are very cheap, and theres a good few retailers out there) I think you have the army you want, at a cheaper price, without a load of extra bits left over you probably wont use.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, USD. I checked it and it's retail 1100usd I just don't know. I have been thinking about either getting in to Tyranids or back in to Eldar. By the way Heiroduel, you always rock and are helpful! REP +100!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

HA! Thank you, always nice for a bit of rep

Anyway its certainly a huge saving over buying the whole lot new, but what you have to ask yourself is how much of that would you actually end up using? Old one eye is about the biggest joke in the game, alongside the likes of Furies or chaos spawn, so discount him. Would you really use 4 carnifexs? I personally wouldn't, same with such large numbers of guants and stealers.

My advise would be to write yourself a list, post it up in the army list forum, we'll give it a prod and tune up and then see if it would be cheaper to grab this lot and fill in the extra's you'd need, or if your better off buying fresh. That's my main concern here, even if you did purchase this bulk lot, you'd still need a bit to put the finishing touches to the list to make it totally workable.

Anyway I'd certainly advise knocking a list up and seeing the advice you get. Least you'll have a good indication of what you want to run if nothing else right?
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he dropped the price to 280. What do you think of this for a build?

HQ:

Tervigon W/ Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Toxic Sacs, Catalyst 200 points

Troops:

Termagaunts Blood x20 100 points

Hormagaunts W/ Toxic Sacs x20 160 points

Elite:

Hiveguard x3 - 150

Hiveguard x3 - 150

Heavy:

Trygon Prime 240 points

Biovore x3 - 135 points

Total 1455 Points

Any suggestions
    Last edited by Cheetahfurry; February 27th, 2012 at 19:28.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

It is not a bad deal, but even that list will have problems in casual play. You have two synapse creatures. You'll lose them fast and then not be able to use your hoards. If you want to go ahead with the purchases make sure you are willing to buy a Hive Tyrand, Tervigon, Tyranid Prime and perhaps that Tervigon Prime. You can use hoards of smaller bugs, just make sure you buy the synapse.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

The Hormagaunts and Termagants alone will cost you around USD270 (try AUD450 for the same stuff here in Aus ). That army looks quite a deal, I'd take it no questions asked.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

If your having trouble making up your mind, I would be willing to take this purchase off your hands (if you would be so kind) :p

This is a crazy good deal you could just buy all the miniatures and resell them for profit outside your nearest hobby store. Honestly, unless there in horrible condition your probably never going to see that big of a Tyranid army go for so cheap!
    Reese's Space Marine and Tyranid WIP Thread: Warp Masters and Friends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone help me make a 1k and a 1500 point army that would be viable with the models listed above? Fyi I LOVE I was thinking of getting 3 more for a total of 6 if you think thats a good idea.

THANKS!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

ok, here is a down and dirty list for the 1k slot. 2 squads of 18 Termiguants, 1 Tyranid Prime with Deathspitter and pair of Boneswords, 2 Trygon Primes and 3 Hive Guard. Put the Tyranid Prime in a squad of Termiguants. I'll see if i can get a good 1500k list latter.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast