1850 Possible Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Possible Tourney List

Hey folks of the 40k universe. So these past few days ive been trying to come up with a list for a 1850 local tournament, and so far this is what ive come up with. Now before you think it could be wrong, most of the people that play around me are Space Marine type armies, or imperial gaurd. With an occasional Ork player or so, but none the less here it is.

x4- 10 man wych squads w/ x2 Hydra Gauntlets, whole squad has Haywire Grenades = 260 pts for all (a peice)
    - Hexatrix w/ Agonizer and a Raider w/: Dark Lance, Nightsheild, Flickerfeild, Chain Snare's and Aethersails.

x2 Ravager's w/ x3Dark Lances , Nightsheild, Flickerfeild = 125 pts a peice

Lady Mayls= 130 pts

x2 Kabalite Trueborn w/ x4Blasters, and x1 Dark lance = 215 pts (a peice)
    - Venom w/ x2 Splinter Cannons and Chain Snare's

Now, I haven't played in a couple months, but I do think I have enough AT as I have 12 Dark lances and 8 Blaster's, but I could be wrong. I think horde army's will be a bit more of a challenge cause I have a little bit of anti horde, but not much. Enough to soften squads up then have Wych's run in and CC them to death. But the main idea for this army is to split the army in half. Two Wych Raider's.. 1 Ravager, and 1 of the Venoms on on side, and the other half of the army on the other side of the board, so hopefully the opponent would try and divide his army in half like mine, BUT the thing is. Lady Mayls can let you redeploy D3 units, so obviously hope for a high numbers and redeploy the one half with the otherhalf, so you can just demolish on side of your opponent (because you would have your whole army versus half of his). But that's my thoughts, tell me what you think please. I can tweak this army around a little bit, but I think it could give people a run for their money.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

First thing to note, there's an army list section of the forum, this should be posted there mate. Secondly, what do you see your list doing? Your army is relatively cookie cutter, and I don't know where Malys is going to hide. With 4 squads of 10 and 1 of 5, there's no room for her to stay safe and nowhere where here combat effectiveness would be helpful. The Trueborn squad doesn't need the Dark Lance, it is counter intuitive to take it with the 4 Blasters. The Chain snares on the vehicles aren't really helping anyone much, the points would be better spent on grisly trophies, in all cases. The list needs more anti-horde shooting in my opinion, by dropping 1 whole Wych Squad of 10 and dropping another from 1 squad, you'll have enough for 2 5 man Warrior squads with blasters in venoms with 2 SC's and Night Shields. These will increase your anti infantry shooting and give you more troops with which to grab objectives at the end. You also have a place to hide Malys that makes her worthwhile in combat. The Wyches can take whatever Wych Weapons they like, but I would suggest Shardnets, it's always good to deny enemy attacks. Also, why do your Wych squads have no Hekatrix? That Agoniser is their only reliable way of doing damage, how has it been left out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh sorry, I'm new here so i didn't know where to post it, But I do have hexatrics with agonizer's. I do actually like your version with the two extra venoms, that would be an extra 24 poisoned shots per turn, probably alot of effective that a squad of wych's.

+ Reply to Thread