Friend starting Necrons, Whats good and what to get? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Friend starting Necrons, Whats good and what to get?

So a friend is wanting to start necrons and called me from work asking me to do some research for him of what units are good and what units to get for a necron army. He's going to the store in about 3 and a half hours so I desided to ask here while reading. What would you recomend for him to get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Merellin View Post
    What would you recomend for him to get?
    A battleforce or two, and a command barge or two (they come complete with a lord).
    A suitable centerpoint figure like Imotekh wouldn't go amiss, depending on his budget.

That covers a lot of bases, though he's going to have to wait or trawl ebay for wraith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Thanks for the awnser, He just called again and I deliverd the information I found to him ^_^

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

I will second this: the new Necron Battleforce is actually very, very good! I would recommend either 2x Battleforce boxes, or 1x Battleforce and 1x Immortals box, that way you have a full unit of Immortals (running only 5x is sub-optimal). In addition to either of these choices, 2x Barge kits. You can field them as either Command Barges or Annihilation Barges (they are even interchangeable after assembly!). Beyond that, either purchase Crypteks or customize a few Warriors as Crypteks (Deathmark heads from the Immortals box work well here), and voila! 1k point army for ~$200.

Cheers!
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Probably coming in way too late on this, but the recommendations are great. The Battleforce is possibly one of the best out there, and getting a Command Barge will allow a Lord figure with transport or else a Lord on foot with a Heavy Support unit. Crypteks are essential in the new Necron set-up, but these can be home-made rather than buying the actual model itself. A named Character is always a nice idea, but so far there are only two actual models out there: Trazyn and Imotekh. I would use the Lord model from the Command Barge as one of the others (Anrakyr or Zahndrekh).

Tell your friend to read his Codex carefully though; there are a lot of permutations in there and it's best to know what you want before you go to buy anything!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread