How to assemble my new Tyrannofex? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which build?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acid Spray

3 27.27%
  • Fleshborer Hive

0 0%
  • Rupture Cannon

8 72.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to assemble my new Tyrannofex?

Hello everyone.

I just went out and made a very big purchase, getting a lot of the new units and significantly increasing the size of my army.

I play mainly for fun, and I have bought myself three of the Tervigon/Tyrannofex kits (two Tervigons, one Tyrannofex) and I was wondering which weapon I should give him? Here are some details:
    - I fight mainly Orks
    - I play for fun
    - He doesn't field many vehicles, because he gets annoyed that I take them out with my Hive Guard and Zoanthropes every time
    - He fields Green Tide Orks.
    - He has a particular liking for 'ard boyz and Nobz.

I was leaning towards the Acid Spray, because I really like the look of it, it is cheap, and looks like it's the perfect tool for the job (for my purposes, anyway). I don't think I would use the Fleshborer Hive because that's what my Termagants are for, and also it costs more points (and really, I just don't particularly like the look of it).

I do play against some Marine armies as well, but again that is fun play, so that's why I was thinking about perhaps using the Rupture Cannon. Problem is, I only face them occasionally (I play at home).

Thanks,

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

95% of the time, I would vote for the Rupture Cannon. But seeing your situation, I would go for the Acid Spray.

As you said, it is the perfect tool for the role that you need your Tyrannofex to fulfil. I can see that opponent of yours getting a whole lot more annoyed when you spray him around 12" away with a massive acid spray that'll turn his prized 'ard boyz into nothing more than biological gruel ready for consumption by your Hive Fleet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

rapture cannon the way to go, even batter if you can put magnets to swap...
    the flesh borer is a waste of points on the big-one.... rather take the much needed template

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Unless you're going for the Rupture Cannon.....why even bother taking a Tyrannofex? Nids are already god at killing infantry.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506
    Unless you're going for the Rupture Cannon.....why even bother taking a Tyrannofex? Nids are already god at killing infantry.
    If he's playing for fun, and he's playing against Green Tide non-mechanised Orks, I don't see why he shouldn't be entitled to take an alternative weapon with the Tyrannofex. Not even 100 Termagants would be enough to tackle 180 Ork Boyz.

Biovores pound swarms of Boyz. I would agree that he should take the Rupture Cannon, but in his situation I could easily him taking the Acid Spray. It's going to be a pain against other, non-horde armies but oh well. If it does the job you can't ask for much more can you?

Magnetising the arms is a good idea, but takes extra time, effort and money. Either build your Tyrannofex with a Acid Spray (that can be used as a count-as Rupture Cannon) or vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

You dont even need to go as far as to magnetise it. Pins work. Just drill some pins into the 'arms' and holes into the sockets, same with the conecting points from the sacks into the gun
    Proud to be a part of A Tale of four Geeks

follow me on twitter (at)Soulshade_T4G

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshade
    You dont even need to go as far as to magnetise it. Pins work. Just drill some pins into the 'arms' and holes into the sockets, same with the conecting points from the sacks into the gun
    I don't even know how to pin. How do you pin figurines?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    I don't even know how to pin. How do you pin figurines?
    you take a small pin vice or a really small drill and make a small hole around 2-5mm deep, then you put a tiny bit of copper rod double the length in the hole, put a bit of paint on the edge and put the two pieces "togther" then you drill the same depth of hole on the other part where the paint is and glue that bit together and there you have it, its good for heavy pieces...
    ^^

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Horowitz Tal

you take a small pin vice or a really small drill and make a small hole around 2-5mm deep, then you put a tiny bit of copper rod double the length in the hole, put a bit of paint on the edge and put the two pieces "togther" then you drill the same depth of hole on the other part where the paint is and glue that bit together and there you have it, its good for heavy pieces...
    ^^
    Thanks! Rep!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

As above but dont do the final glueing. The idea is you can take them apart as n when needed.
    Proud to be a part of A Tale of four Geeks

follow me on twitter (at)Soulshade_T4G

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast