Help with an odd necron rule i played against (from an Imperial Guard general) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

Help with an odd necron rule i played against (from an Imperial Guard general)

Hey there! This is my first post in this section, because i play Imperial Guard and i basically post only there.

Last week I played a game versus a necron player via Vassal and he said that one of his models (something like Stormlord maybe?) has a special rule that every turn he can roll a dice for each unit of mine and on 6s said unit is struck by 6 s8 hits.

I have not a necron codex so there are my questions:

- Does this rule really exist?
    - Is it really with unlimited range?
    - If what he said is legit, are there any way to counter that, except killing the model?

I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Does this rule really exist?
    Yes

- Is it really with unlimited range?
    Yes

- If what he said is legit, are there any way to counter that, except killing the model?
    This ability only lasts until the nightfighting the stormlord gives ends. (he has to roll a d6 at the start of his turn, if equal or less then the current turn the nightfighting stops)
    Also note that it only works if his nightfighting rule is in effect (so, if the necronplayer ends the nightfighting with a solar pulse, he cannot hit you with the lightning strike)
    A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

well, thanks
    It is indeed a powerful weapon to use. He stranded half of my leman russes in that game :/
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost89 View Post
    Hey there! This is my first post in this section, because i play Imperial Guard and i basically post only there.
    It's alright. Never too late to learn from your mistakes.

Last week I played a game versus a necron player via Vassal and he said that one of his models (something like Stormlord maybe?) has a special rule that every turn he can roll a dice for each unit of mine and on 6s said unit is struck by 6 s8 hits.
    Just being pedantic, but a model that is hit by lightning is hit by *D6* Str8, AP5 hits.

Stormlord is pretty groovy, and depending on your luck he can really hurt your opponent if you're lucky and roll up a lot of 6's. But that nightfighting is a double-edged sword. It really messes with the parking lot meta, but it also keeps necrons from firing back too. And, as mentioned above, if you solar pulse during your turn to fire off your own necron long-range firing, you lose the lightning.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

417 (x7)

Does the night fight has to be continuous to get the lightning attacks? i mean, if the NF is just interrupted and then re-started (like with 2 solar pulses or whatnot) are the lightning still in effect at the restart of the NF?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the night fight has to be continuous to get the lightning attacks? i mean, if the NF is just interrupted and then re-started (like with 2 solar pulses or whatnot) are the lightning still in effect at the restart of the NF?
    afraid not it has to be done via the stormlords special rule
    the only way to continue it is by having a chrono crypteck in a squad with the stormlord so that you cna reroll the d6 to see if it continues (it has been faq'd) and once it fails on the 2nd dice then it cannot continue at all
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

If you were to use the Cryptek's Solar Pulse in the Stormlord's turn then he would not be able to use his Lightning Attacks as the Night Fight has been cancelled for that turn (FAQ).

One of the advantages of keeping everyone in the dark is that you can use it to move up your heavy hitters like Scarabs, Wraithwings and Phaeron-assisted Warrior units so that you are in your opponent's face when you decide to stop the Night Fight. However, if you're running a Destroyer Wing or relying on firepower from Annihilation Barges etc then keeping Night Fight going too long is not going to be a good plan.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread