triarch stalkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

    triarch stalkers

    Has anybody used them? Are they good, bad and what do you use as a model? I am thinking of converting one out of a command barge, and rig up some sort of legs. What are your thoughts about them and does anybody have a model?


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    I found a company in Russia who makes 28mm plastics, they have a mechano-spider style IG looking walker for $5 on ebay ($3 shipping) which would do perfectly for the legs. I ordered a few myself to convert a couple with some command barge bits.


    Link is http://www.ebay.com/itm/250976093884...84.m1439.l2649
    Last edited by Lone99; March 21st, 2012 at 02:41. Reason: link

  4. #3
    Son of LO andrewbeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,708
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

    I just bought some thicker Balsa wood and I am going to use my scroll saw to make a few Triarch Stalkers proxies. To me, the Triarch Stalker looks over-priced when you consider what you get with Soul Grinder which in my opinion is the best Walker in the game. Without a close combat power claw, the Stalker seems just meh. But, as I found out about Night Scythes and Doom Scythes, first looks can be deceiving. The heat ray does look cool and the relay rule sounds good too. When I get one made, I'll play it and give you my 2 cents worth on it.

  5. #4
    Senior Member ninjabackhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    35
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    19 (x1)

    equip it with TL heavy guass cannon and "mark" units. then watch as your whole army rips apart the "marked" unit with Twin Linked, this also works against tanks with your Eldritch Lances and Heavy Destroyers. because of its "marking" ability your opponents will learn to make that the priority kill in your army above your doomsday cannon or anything else, so yeah its pretty good.

    it does not have a CC weapon so its terrible in CC.

    im proxing it with an old dark eldar Talos, the model is pretty fitting till the real thing comes out.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Dark Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,877
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabackhand View Post
    equip it with TL heavy guass cannon and "mark" units. then watch as your whole army rips apart the "marked" unit with Twin Linked, this also works against tanks with your Eldritch Lances and Heavy Destroyers. because of its "marking" ability your opponents will learn to make that the priority kill in your army above your doomsday cannon or anything else, so yeah its pretty good.

    it does not have a CC weapon so its terrible in CC.

    im proxing it with an old dark eldar Talos, the model is pretty fitting till the real thing comes out.
    This is exactly why it's good! Like all of our other tricks, stand alone it's 'fair' at its points 2 Multi melta shots or flamer is fun, or upgrade the gun if you want (i don't). However ONCE it hits, not wounds...holy crap FOCUS FIRE and whatever the stalker hit is gonna get some PAIN. I have 5 Eldritch lance crypteks with 5 S8 AP2 TWINLINKED because of the stalker, that's some serious business. It also allows me to reroll my immortals when they get in range to rapid fire, and so on. I field one because his synergy with non twinlinked weapons is GREAT, think of it as an army upgrade to twin link stuff...I'd pay that any day. Yes it's not a CC beast, but that's not what it's for.

    Also since I field 2 command barges, 6 wraiths, and the stalker they really have to decide which threat is now...usually the command barges are in their face too soon for them to realize a few turns too late the stalker is hurting from range.
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; March 21st, 2012 at 18:26.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

  7. #6
    Son of LO thenewKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,232
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    This is exactly why it's good! Like all of our other tricks, stand alone it's 'fair' at its points 2 Multi melta shots or flamer is fun, or upgrade the gun if you want (i don't). However ONCE it hits, not wounds...holy crap FOCUS FIRE and whatever the stalker hit is gonna get some PAIN. I have 5 Eldritch lance crypteks with 5 S8 AP2 TWINLINKED because of the stalker, that's some serious business. It also allows me to reroll my immortals when they get in range to rapid fire, and so on. I field one because his synergy with non twinlinked weapons is GREAT, think of it as an army upgrade to twin link stuff...I'd pay that any day. Yes it's not a CC beast, but that's not what it's for.

    Also since I field 2 command barges, 6 wraiths, and the stalker they really have to decide which threat is now...usually the command barges are in their face too soon for them to realize a few turns too late the stalker is hurting from range.

    Haven't tried one yet, I don't have anything to be a decent proxy and haven't played enough "experimenting" games, but I do really want to try one for this reason. They might be a little expensive, especially since they have next to no CC abilities, but their shooting isn't bad and the TW of other units weapons has the potential to do some major harm on the enemy. And as stated before, worse comes to worse, it makes a very tempting target for your opponent leaving other valuables alone for a period of time.

    I just want them to bring a model out for it already. lol

  8. #7
    Senior Member Dark Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,877
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

    I use a Space Marine dreadnought as my proxy until the actual model comes out. The Assault on Black Reach dread is pretty cheap.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x1)

    I believe somebody posted a page where they had a pretty good proxy for the stalker.. Does anyone know what the supposed size is? I thought it would be close to the size of a soulgrinder.. which would not be a bad representation due to the legs.

  10. #9
    LO Zealot BossGorestompa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,349
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone99 View Post
    I found a company in Russia who makes 28mm plastics, they have a mechano-spider style IG looking walker for $5 on ebay ($3 shipping) which would do perfectly for the legs. I ordered a few myself to convert a couple with some command barge bits.


    Link is eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Off topic: That's freakin' incredible! I was completely put off by the paint job on the image, but then I saw the sprues and party assembled pictures.. those legs actually look really good!
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

  11. #10
    Senior Member MightisRight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    20
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    25 (x2)

    I'm thinking maybe two, one with cannon and other with blast. Shoot one unit and then use THAT twin-linked to make the template hit and TL against multiple other targets .Just BTW, would the template only need to clip the marked unit to be TL, or would it have to be directly over them?
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts