NOBZ Squadz weapons and armor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

NOBZ Squadz weapons and armor

Hey guys. Latly i've been working on my Orks, and i've been thinking about wiether nor not i should give my Nobz Eavy Armor.

As it stands (painted and built)
    I have 10 Nobz w/
    4 Big Choppas (i looks soo cool)
    1 Power Klaw (i need to add more power Klaw Nobz i think)
    Pain Boy

If i add the armor, they will weather small arms fire well, but Large caliber weapons will tear through them (and they are a target for such weapons)

Should i give them Eavy Armor?
    Is weapon set good? should i swap out some of them out?

Im not sure how i feel about transports for nobz. Im working on a Trukk and frankly....for the point cost, i cant see myself going through this much trouble for such minor model. with on transport, im unsure if sticking NOBZ in there is a good idea.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a NOB squad of painboy, big choppa, power klaw, whaag banner, kombi, and a normal one all with eavy armor and cybork bodies. its a death star unit and cost alot of points but so far they tear up the Eldar (both) and Imp guard. I throw in a warboss and a Trukk too and they do great. I seem to have a problem with space marines and necron for some reason. The unit is crazy expensive and most times I dont use them. Your set up is good, I would take out a Bigchoppa or two and throw in another power klaw. With ten NOBZ your power klaw will get an attack so why not two. Also try to fit in a WHAAAG banner they, to my disbelief, are very useful, the WS 5 and then on the charge S 5 they useally hit on a 3 and wound on a 3, and of course it makes it harder to get hit as well. Well this is my opinion, in the end its your call, hope this helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

If this was a suggestion as to what to get next I would have told you not to bother. They are over costed compared to their actual effect on the table. They average out at around 28 points a piece. Thats 4 Ork boyz somewhere else in the army. And you have 10 of these? Thats a whole mob of Ork boyz with a Nob attached.

But seeing as you have already bought these models, take the Trukk with what you have. Seriously, don't ever think of foot slogging them. It will not go well. Yes, these are a high on the priority list for your opponent. But, he can happily nuke them from his deployment zone over the few turns that they are walking over the table. If you are not running other vehicles in the army, drop them until you do start using them.

If you are going to pay the points for the Eavy armour you may aswell take the Cybork bodies upgrade. Same price, but better all round. Especially seeing as this unit will be the target of your opponents elite squads, which means power weapons.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

Thanks guys. I think ill move some Big Choppa Bobz into leading Ork Boys. I'll Add Armor and a fancy new Trukk (which will be done in 4 more days). Later down the road i'll buy one more set Nobz, and make more Nobz with Power Klaws.

I know there not the best ork unit, but i did an Ork army for fun. I like to have more fun then competeiveness.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    I like to have more fun then competeiveness.
    Welcome to the club!
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

My 10 Nobz unit consists of Painboy, 6 Power Klaws, 2 Kombi-skorchas and 1 big choppa. The unit also has 'eavy armour, cybork bodies and a Battlewagon with death rolla, red paint job, stikkbomb chukka, grot riggas and armour plates (haven't decided if im going to fit a weapon).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I'd recommend about 3 PK's and a BC or two. Do NOT move big choppa nobz to leading units of boyz- boyz need to be lead by PK nobs with bosspoles. Repeat, do NOT put PK nobs in boy mobz.

Heavy armor is optional. You'll get a much better deal with cybork. You can have cybork and heavy armor if you wish. As mentioned, the cost of this unit is already high, so adding extra points on is hard to justify, but it can help them survive vs small arms fire and non-power attacks in cc. Not necessary, probably too expensive to justify adding, but can help them survive- my take on eavy armor. It does look cool though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

[QUOTE=Seanchadith;1909116]I'd recommend about 3 PK's and a BC or two. Do NOT move big choppa nobz to leading units of boyz- boyz need to be lead by PK nobs with bosspoles. Repeat, do NOT put PK nobs in boy mobz. QUOTE]

Copy that. Big Choppas stay in Nob Squadz

+ Reply to Thread