BEST ORK LIST? your opinions: Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BEST ORK LIST? your opinions: Tournament

Hey Guys I was wondering what army is considered the best tournament army? Speed freaks, can wall? Ghaz and other fun-tastic people. I have no idea and wud like to know as there is a tournament at my store in about a month and i want to prepare for it. Post any lists youve had succes with and write all your opinions!

-CHEERS (and may the WAAAAGH be with you)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some very competitive lists are either some battle wagon spam (very popular in some gaming circles, and an extreme pain to play against) or the green tide with supporting "smashy" units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my list I run two BW's one with shootas the other with sluggas 20 each with all the good stuff pk, bp ect. I run two ground pound units of boys 30 man squads just sluggas and the upgraded nob of course, and nothing but running straight forward. I have my deathstar unit with pk's, bc's and a painboy with Wazdakka going with them. Then to fill in the blanks I usually run either Lootas or a few KILLA KAN's. I am currently considering dropping the battlewagons in true greentide fashion filling the 20 man squads to full 30's and going with more lootas. I was considering shortening my deathstart unit but they are so amazing im having a hard time justifying the downsize.
    Last edited by Brother Captain Tom; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:26.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, at 1500p I have had a lot of success with an all Mech list.

Big Mek with KFF in a veh
    2-3 BWs with Shoota Boyz
    2-3 Trukks with Slugga Boyz
    Either a MANZ or NOBZ in BW

And switch out Rokkit Buggies, Deff Dreads, Boom Guns, Kommandos, Lootas as you like to round you up to 1500 or give you 1750+. If I owned Killa Kans I would probably take three with Grotzookas...

Honestly, Mech is faster, more mobility, and less likely to be squashed by large blast. Drawbacks are that you have A LOT less boyz then a 100+ Boy Green Tide list. I have done it many ways, and found it less of a pain in the ass to use Mech, as long as you mentally as well as on the board out maneuvering your opponent.

Kommandos with Snikrot and a HQ is lots of fun ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

I find that to have the most fun at a tournament I dont always have to win, just be silly. I cant justify taking nob bikers; to much power gaming and wound counting to have fun. For 1,500 I prefer to take some boys(30-40) in truks, 2 meks with force fields, 9 kanz, 2 deff dreads, and some lootas for shits/giggles. I have a unit of deff kottas I switch in and out, sometimes I take snikgrot and some burna commandos for backline fun. But my list is fun to play and to play against. Yes its kan heavy but there arnt a ton of boys to move and bog down play. Plus its fun to see it on the table, everything is painted and based. I have some big green dice I roll so very important things and names on all the kans so I can properly yell at them when they die. A good time is guarantee'd for all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guant I like the kan wall list you run, but my question is with only 30 boys how do you do in objective games since we all know 12 boys get squashed pretty easy even with the kan wall the boys are gonna get shot up quick and our trucks might as well be red wagons haha! Anyways I am a huge fan of the kan wall just not good enough to run it. I love my nob bikers yea they are huge cheese and wound allocation makes them even tougher but after running them once I was addicted. My deathstar is about equal to you running the kan wall list haha!
    Ultramarines 12W/7L/2D 4000points Waaagh! Whut 9W/5L/1D 18000points
    Blood Angels Razorspam 2W/1L 2500points Vampire Counts Never played No idea lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comedian if your going for the competitive tourny style I would have to suggest you look into the nob biker deathstar for any list you bring. They are insanely tough and eat just about anything! Just don't go charging mephiston or anything crazy like that LOL. If you play them right even though it is a crazy expensive unit they will make their points back and then some. As far as hq I run wazdakka with my mobs his stat line is insane and his guns are even crazier for ork standards for competitive play this is definitly a unit worth looking Into. Almost any irk list is fun to play I mean were orks our job is to die in style and kill as much as we can. Since most tournament lists are mech now the greentide is a little harder to run and you take heavy damage, but that's where the 100 plus orks laugh, kan wall is very competitive but its almost a glass hammer. By far from what I have seen in my area where heavy competition comes with the territory the battlewagon spam is by far one of the top builds out there right now. Good luck hope this helps its just my personal thoughts on it so take it with a grain of salt lol.
    Ultramarines 12W/7L/2D 4000points Waaagh! Whut 9W/5L/1D 18000points
    Blood Angels Razorspam 2W/1L 2500points Vampire Counts Never played No idea lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Captain Tom View Post
    with only 30 boys how do you do in objective games since we all know 12 boys get squashed pretty easy!
    Remember this is only 1500, at a higher point value more orks in truks come along. But I find killing all of the opponents infantry rather easy with kans and dreads swinging 3, 4, sometimes 5 power weapon attacks on the charge each. Only thing I sometimes have issues with are troop heavy nid lists. But hey win some lose some, as long as me and the opponent are having fun. Only fists can really swing back. And the Dreads count as scoring since they are troops. An immobilized dread on an objective can be a real pain to deal with. I usually keep one truk back for a turn 3 or 4 assualt depending on the army Im playing against.

Once or twice Ive had a single Nob jump back into a truk with the big mek and camp out on an objective, surrounded by 5 kanz. Not much you can do against that save a deathstrike missile. I like battle wagons too, but thats what everyone is doing these days. Need to be a little original, give the enemy some surprises.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Actually no, your dread cannot capture an objective. It can contest but it cannot capture, simply becuase it is a vehicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

Oh, its never actually been an issue before, usually there are some boys around. But noted. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast