Grot airforce list idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Grot airforce list idea

I've got an idea for a list because I want to convert some grot planes.*

Basically a doc and a mek have a workshop on a barren planet where they got stuck after their killkrooza crashed. Thinking no more of it the set up shop trying to make flying things in an effort to get off the planet. With an ever growing horde of grots in their workshops and no other orks at first they set about making a grot army.*

The mek wanted stronger grots to lift all of the scrap from the krooza so the doc pumped lots full of stims. As with many ork projects most of the grots died in a spectacular fashion but enough were made to complete the project.*

These stimmed up grots were put into flying contraptions two a piece to create a grot airforce....

Now this bit of fluff is to justify taking grot planes in the biker fast attack slot 2 stimmed up grots equalling a single ork sounds plausible to me. It also means I could field a potential 36 flying grot machines into a single list!*

I have other ideas for more flying contraptions and a few more fluff ideas to back them up things like helicopters instead of trucks and I may eventually get hold of ia8 for grot tanks.*

Oh the other important bit of fluff was to have the grots rebel led by the stimmed up pilots and this answer the lack of orks in the list but that means I can't do mega armoured nobs and other such things.*

Anyway before I throw down all of my fluff ideas do people think that the idea for the grot planes has merit to explain them as biker stand ins?*

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally love conversion armies, and think that a grot themed army is a great idea. The grot planes sounds awesome, what kits are you going to bash to make these planes? I would be careful about making them roughly the same size as warbikes, just so that no prickly opponent calls you out.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

That's a good point about the size. Not gonna kit bash they are going to be scratch builds with stuff added from my bits box. I'll try to get them mounted on biker bases that way they don't gain anything from base size.

A

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

As long as the sizes are similar then no-one should complain.

also, i want PICS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

as long as they the same size and the same baces no one should have problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as for the "two stimmed-up grots equaling one ork", how would that be modelled? I like the idea of an entire gretchin army

+ Reply to Thread