Would an Ork Battlewagon bunker shooty list work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would an Ork Battlewagon bunker shooty list work?

After being incredibly bored I thought I would see if I could devise a Battlewagon spam list of my own, and then a thought hit me: how effective would Battlewagons be as stationary or mobile bunkers filled with Shoota Boys and armed to the teeth with guns, backed up by a ton of Loota's?

After 10 minutes, I had finished this list:

HQ (180pts)

• Big Mek Choppa, Kustom Force Field
    • Big Mek Choppa, Shokk Attack Gun
    Elites (435pts)

• Lootas 10x Loota
    • Lootas 9x Loota
    • Lootas 10x Loota
    Troops (457pts)

• Deff Dread (Troops) Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Kustom Mega-Blasta
    • Ork Boyz 2x Big Shoota , 20x Boy
      • Nob Bosspole , Power Klaw
    • Ork Boyz 2x Big Shoota , 20x Boy
      • Nob Bosspole , Power Klaw
    Fast Attack (270pts)

• Deffkoptas
      • Deffkopta Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha
    • Deffkoptas
    Heavy Support (405pts)

• Battlewagon 4x Big Shoota, Grot Riggers, Kannon
    • Battlewagon Deff Rolla, Red Paint Job, 4x Rokkit Launcha
    • Battlewagon 4x Big Shoota, Grot Riggers, Kannon
      [/SIZE]How it would play is as follows:

Battlewagons with 4x Big Shoota's move up to the middle of the board and stay stationary, or if against another shooty list move right up to enemy lines, firing 34 Shoota shots and 20 Big Shoota shots at anything that comes near them. The Battlewagon with Deff Rolla tank shocks any Terminator squads or Tanks, supported by Deff Kopta's. Loota's hang at the back of the board and pour in a potential 90 S7 AP4 shots at anything that moves.

Refrain from posting individual points costs,stick to totals as per the forum rules please.
      Pilot00

Last edited by pilot00; April 16th, 2012 at 01:23. Reason: Points showing is not allowed only total worth of units.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the idea but you need to remove the points breakdown and list it by unit instead. See the forum rules if you don't know what I mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome idea But i would run it differently, Mind you i am a bit Crazy when i WAAAGH!!! and can only think of the fun side not the competitive side
    I would drop the shoota Boys And run the Loots mobs 12 big in the battlewagon's i would also add killkannons to them who cares if each wagon costs like 190pts with killkannon, kannon, 4xbig shoots riggers and red paint, This is all for fun right?

I like the meks run on with KFF help keeps wagon safe one with SAG because it's just mind blowing fun to use!!!

With that you are looking at about 1245 pionts with no troops so what works best with 3 wagons with all that Dakka dakka? Lots o' grots to gather up all the loot the wagon's leave behind!!! So 60 odd Gretchen later and you have your self 1500ish pionts of what should be a lot of fun!!!

I Do see your list is in the 1750pt range but that is 250 pts for you to play around with in fast attack i would go warbikers, i love them! But nothing wrong with pick anything else. You could even bring you Gretchen number up to over 100 WAAAGH!!! HAVE FUN!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

A list I thought looked fun was something similar to this:

BigMek w/ KFF and other gubbinz

3 MANZ
    Battlewagon w/ Deffrolla, 2xBS, shiney bitz

20 Shootaboys w/ 2xBS, Nob, PK, Bosspole

This gives you right under 1500 points... Adding a few shooty units like lootas or buggies/koptas would be nice addition to the list. Manz jump out and gives the ride to one of the sqads of shootaboys. Now you have 80 mobile shootaboys ready to squish tanks and infantry on their slow advance. You bould sqeeze in a 10-12 man squad with boyz with a trukk as well, giving the transport to the MANZ and let them join the fun as a torpedo unit.

Though, I would probably never have more than 3 battlewagons in a game, because of the level of cheese. My opponent would hate me =D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    A list I thought looked fun was something similar to this:

BigMek w/ KFF and other gubbinz

3 MANZ

This gives you right under 1500 points... Adding a few shooty units like lootas or buggies/koptas would be nice addition to the list. Manz jump out and gives the ride to one of the sqads of shootaboys. Now you have 80 mobile shootaboys ready to squish tanks and infantry on their slow advance. You bould sqeeze in a 10-12 man squad with boyz with a trukk as well, giving the transport to the MANZ and let them join the fun as a torpedo unit.

Though, I would probably never have more than 3 battlewagons in a game, because of the level of cheese. My opponent would hate me =D
    Lold at the fun bit
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...od-idea-3.html<-LOOK
    WWWAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHAAAHHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I don't know about you, but I can certainly see the fun in looking at a wall of deffrolling monstrosities crush and flattens anything on its way. Though, as I said, I would probably not field this army because of the level of cheese, being monotone and such. But still, deffrolling is so much fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first concern is: will the Lootas be able to see very much? Gotta play that carefully or your wagons are going to block a lot of LoS.
    I also love bikes over kopptas, but you don't really have any anti-tank other then the kopptas so... that's probably best.

But I think I would recommend exchanging some Lootas for Kans (mobile and BS3, that's as good as it gets for Ork in the shootin' phase). But you would need to add a couple nobs to get that Deff-rollin' wagon as a transport then.
    Hosea 1:11 - Great will be the day of Jezreel.

+ Reply to Thread