Ghost Arks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Arks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost Arks

So, I have a question about our favorite transport the ghost ark. Say I have a fireline of warriors in front of the ghost ark, should they bestow a cover save to whatever I shoot at or should the shots not give a cover save. If it is the latter than I imagine the ghost ark does not get cover as well because it trades both ways? If I need to come up with a crude representation of what I'm talking about I will.

P.S. If one of my guys is "removed from play" as by an Ork Shok Attack Gun (Yes an ork hitting something! Brace yourselves!) rolling double 6's. Do I still get Reanimation Protocol?

My view of how to play Tau: "Look at an enemy squad. Blink once. If the enemy is still standing, then you're doing it wrong."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudmed View Post
    So, I have a question about our favorite transport the ghost ark. Say I have a fireline of warriors in front of the ghost ark, should they bestow a cover save to whatever I shoot at or should the shots not give a cover save. If it is the latter than I imagine the ghost ark does not get cover as well because it trades both ways? If I need to come up with a crude representation of what I'm talking about I will.
    Whether your Ghost Arks gets a cover save or not depends on how large part of the Ghost Arks hull is obscured by intervening models. 50% or more and you get a cover save. As for whether your opponent gets a cover save depends on if at least 50% or more of his models are obscured by intervening models or not. Remember that the Ghost Arks LOS is drawn from tip of ANY of its guns to body (or hull) of opposing models while opponents LOS is drawn from the head of the model or tip of vehicles gun to Ghost Arks hull. Thus a situation where you get cover from incoming fire and don't give cover to outgoing fire (or another way around) is fully possible. A schematic really doesn't change it since the cover is checked case-by-case from actual models and terrain.

P.S. If one of my guys is "removed from play" as by an Ork Shok Attack Gun (Yes an ork hitting something! Brace yourselves!) rolling double 6's. Do I still get Reanimation Protocol?
    Yes. All Phil Kelly codices (Eldar, Ork, SW, DE) use term "removed from play" while all Mat Ward codices use term "removed as casualty". Ergo, they must mean the same thing.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

4. ThanksRudmed thanked for this post.
    Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Yeah, as Polaria said. I don't think anything stops a Necron getting to make a RP roll these days. Remember that you swap "casualties" for "tokens". You then make your RP rolls, and then for each success, you trade a token for a resurrected Necron. It doesn't matter what causes the casualties or how they're removed, you get a token for it anyway.
    I think that's a fair summary of how it works! I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

6. ThanksRudmed thanked for this post.
    The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

There are two occasions when the RPs would not be allowed AFAIK: "Death or Glory" or Sweeping Advance. For the former, the rulebook says that the model dies regardless of whatever clever way it might contrive to be allowed to live, and the latter says that unless there is a specific statement allowing a save or a recovery (paraphrasing) of some sort, there is no way back for these models.

I haven't got my Necron codex sitting beside me (for once!), so I'm not able to read the RP rules, but I believe that the above two situations have been discussed before and the consensus was that RPs would not work in these circumstances.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

The other time you cannot use RP is when the model is replaced by another, such as a chaos spawn form gift of chaos or Trazyn the infinite's ability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    There are two occasions when the RPs would not be allowed AFAIK: "Death or Glory" or Sweeping Advance.
    Yeah, it does seem pretty clear about "Death or Glory". The model cannot avoid permanent death, and that's that!
    Sweeping advances are covered in the actual Reanimation Protocol rules. As soon as the unit starts to fall back, all 'dead' Necrons are removed immediately anyway.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

@ Tzeentch Lord: Good point. I hadn't actually noticed that this is exactly what the RP rules were saying. Repped, sir.

@thatrandomguy : Thanks for adding that Chaos Spawn element too. Repped as well, sir.

E.
    Last edited by eiglepulper; April 8th, 2012 at 22:35.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thatrandomguy View Post
    The other time you cannot use RP is when the model is replaced by another, such as a chaos spawn form gift of chaos or Trazyn the infinite's ability.
    What about... "Jaws of the World Wolf"? (Think that was the name of the spell.) Are we allowed RP 'saves' against that?

Take an Initiative test or be removed from play. Had the unfortunate incident of having my Overlord removed by failing his I test - I was not allowed to take an RP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_Grift View Post
    What about... "Jaws of the World Wolf"? (Think that was the name of the spell.) Are we allowed RP 'saves' against that?

Take an Initiative test or be removed from play. Had the unfortunate incident of having my Overlord removed by failing his I test - I was not allowed to take an RP.
    1) Overlord is hit by JotWW, fails Initiative test.
    2) Overlord is removed from play/removed as a casualty.
    3) Ever Living allows him to be replaced with a token.
    4) RP roll is made.

I don't see what the problem with that is.

Unlike the rules for Death or Glory, or sweeping advances (which are very explicit) JotWW doesn't say the model can't come back in some way. Imagine if it was used against Saint Celestine (or whatever her name is) for example. I bet she'd get her roll to come back to life again...!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

596 (x8)

I would have to agree with you. The point about "remove from play" just really means that no save of any sort can be used since no wound was caused. However, RP and EL rules get to be used in every case except the specific ones like DoG, SA or model replacement.

Frustrating for me when I use my SW Rune Priest against my mate's Necrons, but a relief to know when I'm playing my own Necrons against his Space Wolves!

E.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast