Eldar 1500 semi-competitive need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 1500 semi-competitive need help

I recently started eldar and I have purchased a box of Dire avengers. I've settled on a mechdar army, since that seems to be the most versatile. I've come up with a list as follows:

Doomseer w/ROW-95
    5 Fragons-80
    5 Fragons-80
    Wave serpent w/TL Shuricannon, Shuricannon, stones-120
    Wave serpent w/TL Shuricannon, Shuricannon, stones-120

5 Dire Avengers-60
    5 Dire Avengers-60
    5 Dire Avengers-60
    Wave serpent w/TL Scats, Shuricannon-125

Wave serpent w/TL Shuri, Shuricannon-110

Falcon w/Holo, shuricannon, stones-165
    Falcon w/Holo, shurcannoni, stones-165

2 Vypers w/shuri, scatter lasers-140
    2 walkers w/Dual scats-120

Is there anything I can do to make the army more competitive? Do I have enough troops?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

No, you have basically copied and pasted the most hard core competitive list on the internet unit for unit. This is not a semi-competitive list, this is a make your friend cry and hate Warhammer.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willance, you've got a problem... you seem to be under the delusion that eldar are completely unstoppable and everyone wants to make a crappy fluffy list...

Anyway...

SGjohnson,

you've got enough troops. DA in a holo-fielded falcon are really hard to kill at 1500 points. At 2000 points, i only have three troops and two of them are falconed DA squads and they usually last the whole game, obviously you have to protect them well.

Other then that, i've pretty much found that on a competitive level eldar have to pretty much reserve every game or you'll pretty much get tabled. i would recommend that you bring atleast one autarch or just go with a full reserve denial list.

You dont need a doom seer b/c all your shooting is S6 or higher guide would be a lot better. also, drop the underslung cannons on the wave serpent, i dont think you need them/will ever use them.

You could try this:

HQ
    Autarch: FG

Autarch: FG

Elites
    5 Dragons
    Wave Serpent: shrui-cannon, SS

5 Dragons
    Wave Serpent: shuri-cannon, SS

Troops
    5 DA

5 DA

5 DA
    Wave Serpent: EML, SS

Fast Attack
    2x Vypers: underslung cannon, scatter laser

Heavy Support
    Falcon: EML, Holo-field, SS

Falcon: EML, Holo-field, SS

3xWar Walkers: 3xshuri-cannons

The Autarchs go in the DA wave serpent. or you could switch out one autarch for a guide seer.

you've still got some points to play around with and you could even change around some units. i think a better list would be having no falcons, 3 war walker squads, and as many WS DA squads as you can get (w/ the 2 dragon squads and 2 autarchs).

hope i've been more helpful than Willance...
    Last edited by kkedlar123; April 14th, 2012 at 17:14.

5. LikeSGjohnson liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would upgrade your fire dragons to tank hunters but depends on how u play them. i would give dire avengers bladestorm and exarch 2 shuriken catapults, and let go of let go of those falcons for fire prisms or nightspinner.

7. LikeSGjohnson liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kkedlar123 View Post
    Willance, you've got a problem... you seem to be under the delusion that eldar are completely unstoppable and everyone wants to make a crappy fluffy list...

...hope i've been more helpful than Willance...
    Actually I am commenting on the fact that the Title says "Semi-Competitive and this is full blown competitive. There is no Eldar list out there that is more optimized for competitive play. If he had said just "competitive" then my response would have been different. I actually have an investment in this hobby and am tired of seeing it brought down by the internet lists. Especially when that list is tossed around as a fun or Semi-competitive list.

I am not under the delusion that Eldar are completely unstoppable, I am aware of the fact that each army had that one "Optimized build" and that this list is, copy and paste, that.

Perhaps I am just annoyed with seeing people asking for help when they obviously are aware that it is the best list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willance,

i get what you're saying. i just found your first post completely annoying and unhelpful... and actually your last post is a little annoying too...

his list is not copy and paste the MOST optimized (yea it has some units that are in most competitive lists)... but all good lists have a "copy and paste" element because you need redundancy.

he said semi-competative, but he started with a pretty good list... so maybe in the area he plays at, people bring competitive lists for fun. they do that where i'm from and you have to fight fire with fire... you just assumed semi-competative means rainbow crappy list...

heck, he even asks at the end if there's anything that can make the list MORE competitive...

i do agree that semi-competitive is probably the wrong title if you're asking to be competitive
    Last edited by kkedlar123; April 17th, 2012 at 01:09.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Telling some one that they have a problem is a good way to start a confrontation. Telling me that I do not know the difference between a crappy list and a semi-competitive list is also insulting. It insinuates that I don't know list making, and/or are a terrible player.

I provided my input on if I knew if he could make the list more competitive. My answer was the first word in my original post. No.

If you wish to continue to berate me then please do, but in Private Message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you obviously do have a problem if you feel that way.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

This thread degenerated.You must learn to be polite and civil people.This is not an insult exchanging carnival.
    Thread closed.

--Pilot00

281231_md-Heresy Stamp.jpg
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Closed Thread