eldar 1000pts cometive army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eldar 1000pts cometive army

hey guys this is my eldar 1000 point army. I woulds like it if u guys would give me oppinoins on my army.

HQ
    farseer,doom,singing spear
    farseer,doom,singing spear
    total:166

elites:
    6 fire dragons,exarch,tank hunters
    (wave serpant,bright lance)
    total:258

troops:
    10 dire advengers,exarch,two shuriken catapults,bladestorm
    10 dire advengers,exarch,two shuriken catapults,bladestorm
    total:574

total:998

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this isnt a bad list... at 1000 points the DAs can do some damage... some changes i would make:

HQ
    I dont think your farseers need spears. i assume that each is going ride with a DA squad and the spear just doesnt add that much with a 12" range and i dont think you want to waste the squads shooting to spear a tank.

farseer: doom
    farseer: doom
    total: 160

Elites
    This squad is just way overkill. there's nothing that you cant kill with 5 normal metla shots, so the tank hunter and exarch is IMO is a lot of wasted points. i would make the squad just five plain dragons.

I would also drop the gun on the dragon wave serpent to just a shuriken cannon because this squad should be flying around in your opponents face, moving fast for cover, so you just wont get enough bright lance shots off to make your points back. Also, you need SS on the serpent.

5 dragons
    wave serpent: shuri-cannon, SS
    total: 190

Troops
    The only change i would make is dropping the bright lances to EMLs. you shouldn't run into that much 13+ armor at 1000 points and if you do, you have the dragons to take care of it.

That leaves you 106 points and you need some s6 shooting, so i would take 2 warwalkers: 1 w/2 scatter lasers and 1 w/2 shuriken cannons. then i guess with the six points you have left over you could put the spears back on the farseers.

I think the problem your list currently has is that besides the dragons there's nothing that really kills tanks. 3 brightlance shots a turn is just not scary, especially with smoke and cover saves. Eldar are really good at spamming s6 shots (which are pretty good at taking out razors & rhinos), your list just doesnt do that and it needs to do that at 1000 points because you should be running into more than one tank.

for example at 1000 points i usually run:

HQ
    Farseer: Bike, RoWard, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Guide, Spear

Troops
    6 Guradian Jetbikes: 2xshuriken cannons
    Warlock: Bike, Spear, Embolden

5 DA

5 DA

Fast Attack
    2 Vypers: Underslung Cannon, Scatter lasers

Heavy Support
    Falcon: EML, SS, Holo-fields

Falcon: EML, SS, Holo-fields

The point i'm trying to make here is at 24" my list gets 20 s6 shots a turn (14 of which will be guided). that will kill a rhino/razor or two a turn. i also get 6 s8 shots and my bike squad has a 24" threat bubble with two s9 spears and a lot of catapult shots (with the jetbike assault, even if you shoot at 12" away, you can slide back 6" and you should be out of assault range of most armies). also, the vypers are more durable because you run them behind the bikes, so you always get cover. This army is just way better at killing tanks than your's and when guys get out on foot i still have enough s6 shooting to take care of them/dont really need to take care of them because i'll just tank shock onto objectives at the end of the game.

I think Large DA squads are kinda a waste because there's nothing that a DA squad can do that s6 cant do better. anyway, you obviously like them and at 1000 points you can kinda justify taking them, but you do need some more shots that can kill tanks in order to get guys out on foot to use bladestorm.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
    Last edited by kkedlar123; April 15th, 2012 at 07:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

+ Reply to Thread