Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daemon Hunters

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Should Necron Players Watch Out For

3K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  Alzer 
#1 ·
I know im new to this so I need to know this and it can help other newbies so please post why you think necrons are bad at that race and any helpful strategies. :D

#5 ·
bah, imperial guard. IG are way to diverse to make a generalization about their performance. further more, it really depends on the necron player, as to whether or not the various elements of the IG force are going to be useful.

things that have a lot of 2+ armor saves (ie tyranids with a ton of monstourous creatures, space marines with loads of termies, etc) tend to be troublesome, what with the necrons not having any useful AP 2 things (***** heavy destroyers).

#10 ·
Well I didn't vote simply because there is not an army out there you shouldn't be worried about. Everything is capable of beating necron. However, in general you need to look out for anything that ignores your armor save in close combat and weapons of any kind that double your toughness. So basically anything that negates your big advantage: WBB.

#11 ·
Nids for a first choice for the obvious reasons and a good second are the CSM

Now they are to be rightly feared, they can combine effective firewpoer that will easily outgun the necrons ( Iron Warriors, defilers, obliterators ) with the might of some of the most powerfull cc units in the entire 40K universe ( possessed, khorne, slaanesh, deamon prince )

#13 ·
im not to sure any more about the nids yesterday i played 1 game against my friend and i creamed him( small game he just had the nids from battle of macregge) with 2 squads of 5 necron warriors ( ya i know thats not the right sqaud amount) then i fased him and my brother on a team ( brothers a dark eldar player) and i still won with 2 squads of necron warriors 12 in each and a lord with res orb

so im not sure yet whats the hardest race to beat because i havent played enough games :wacko:

#15 ·
Originally posted by freakinrobe@Nov 12 2004, 10:57
im not to sure any more about the nids yesterday i played 1 game against my friend and i creamed him( small game he just had the nids from battle of macregge) with 2 squads of 5 necron warriors ( ya i know thats not the right sqaud amount) then i fased him and my brother on a team ( brothers a dark eldar player) and i still won with 2 squads of necron warriors 12 in each and a lord with res orb

so im not sure yet whats the hardest race to beat because i havent played enough games :wacko:
[snapback]249133[/snapback]​
you'll change your tune really quick when he starts using things that dont suck (ie not the stuff from macregge). a ton of mutated gaunts ripping out front of 2 mutated hive tyrants and 2 mutated carnifexes isnt so pretty.

#17 ·
in a cc point of view if you have eldar and have howling banshees weel the necrons stand no chance but if you have a fun time in cc without power weapons the nids would be the most deadly...for shooting i would say guard and tau because of ther high strength gun power and for guard all you need are some leman russ tanks and the necrons are gone...

why you would vote for demon hunters i dont know but i have played them and before they got to any cc i had killed there troop choices and the HQ choice because they had no number...then the terminaotrs decided to pay my destroyers a visit from about and kick my ass...

#18 ·
Originally posted by Wizard@Nov 12 2004, 16:44
Nids are a little under powered now. Thats why they'er getting re-done.
[snapback]249268[/snapback]​
I played a lot of games against Tyranids, and I really don't understand how they can be underpowered. The only armies I've seen who can easily beat Tyranids are Eldar and Dark Eldar. They are one of the few armies who can handle both the huge swarms of small creatures as well as the huge creatures with 4+ wounds and a 2+ save.

Yeah, the Tyranids will get their heads shot of the first 1-2 turns. After that, you're in one hell of a trouble, especially (for us necrons) when you have no means of getting out of CC except dying horribly.

#20 ·
Easily nids. With all of the montrous creatures :)P hivetyrant <_< ) and the mass of gaunts you can expect for necrons to have a tough time. And not to mention all of the cc goodness! :p

EDIT: The problem is that today I decided to start a necron army! :wacko:

#22 ·
I said Eldar because they hace good CC units and have great ranged units which will nock down ur units so fast it wount even be funny.

#23 ·
Anyone who can field massed groups of 2+ saves. We only have one ranged weapon that is ap2, and while Pariah are made for killing fexes they can only go so far.

And what's this about necrons not having ways out of combat? We're the only people who can just wink out of combat in more than 1 way (monolith/lord) and one of our ways (monolith) blows the unholy hell out of nids.

#24 ·
with the old rules for taking plasma cannons in tact squads, my dark angels friend always took out my warriors, and all casulties can really hurt a necron army. i have beaten him, but he gives me a good run for my money. orks i have almost no problem with so if you have problems with orks, your doin something wrong

#26 ·
Eldar.

Starcannons and banshee's in view captin.

basically anything that negates armour saves will cause us trouble, also heavy weapons with fast fire rate (starcannons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.