Your Favourite Tyranid Units! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which are your favourite Tyranid units (or the scariest to face)?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hive Tyrant (inc. Tyrant Guard)

13 30.95%
  • Tervigon

9 21.43%
  • Tyranid Prime

5 11.90%
  • The Parasite of Mortrex

0 0%
  • Hive Guard

9 21.43%
  • Lictor (inc. Deathleaper)

6 14.29%
  • Venomthrope

0 0%
  • Zoanthrope

6 14.29%
  • The Doom of Malan'tai

3 7.14%
  • Pyrovore

0 0%
  • Genestealer (inc. Ymgarl Genestealer)

13 30.95%
  • Tyranid Warrior

10 23.81%
  • Termagant

4 9.52%
  • Hormagaunt

4 9.52%
  • Ripper Swarm

1 2.38%
  • Tyranid Shrike

0 0%
  • Ravener

0 0%
  • Sky-Slasher Swarm

0 0%
  • Gargoyle

2 4.76%
  • Harpy

1 2.38%
  • Spore Mine Cluster

1 2.38%
  • Carnifex

6 14.29%
  • Old One Eye

2 4.76%
  • Biovore

2 4.76%
  • Trygon

7 16.67%
  • Mawloc

2 4.76%
  • Tyrannofex

4 9.52%
  • Swarmlord

8 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Your Favourite Tyranid Units!

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Your Favourite Tyranid Units!

G'day all.

This is part of a series of polls I'm posting to get the 'nid forum more active. So the question is:

Out of all the units in the Tyranid Codex, which are your three favourite?

Note that this does not necessarily mean 'the best', it simply means which units you love to use for whatever reason the most, for example, their abilities or simple awesomeness.

People who don't play Tyranids, this poll can be used for you to rate which units you find the scariest or meanest for whatever reason.

For me, it's gotta be the Hive Tyrant, Genestealer, and the Lictor. Why? Well the Hive Tyrant is the epitome of Tyranid, the Genestealer is super killy, and the Lictor looks so cool and its fluff is just completely satisfying.

Post and vote away!

The Warlord

Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; April 21st, 2012 at 04:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came to the 'nid forum to check for updates and I saw this here! This should be quite popular.Anyway my input, I voted in the Tyranid Warrior, Hormagaunt and Zoanthrope. I voted the Warrior not only because I felt obliged to (my username is the Imperium's technical name for for Tyranid Warrior) and because it's reasonably cool. The Hormagaunt is just for pure killy power, although a lot of people would put the Termagant first if they had to choose and the Zoey, because he looks so delicate and frail and squishy, and then suddenly he kills two Land Raiders in two turns. Ride on Zoey! Woooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed Tyrannicus, a nice poll you got running there Warlord.I voted more than three, because I like more than three units equally. I voted the Tervigon and Termagant (for obvious reasons), the Hive Guard (for the amount of games its saved my ass), the Tyrannofex (similar reason to Hive Guard), the Zoanthrope for the same reason as Tyrannicus, and the Swarmlord. When I field him it just feels as though he's got an aura of ultimate power. Sure he may be slow but when he gets to the enemy boy does he make a mess!

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Wow, two replies within the space of 20 minutes! Interesting choices there you two. I was going to vote Zoey too but I thought I should set an example and stick to three choices only

Keep those votes and answers coming! Bring on the discussion!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Ok well based on my experience with 3rd and 5th Ed I will would have to say my favorite 3 are Hormagaunts, Hive Tyrant with Guard, and lastly the good ol'Genestealer. The main reasons are that they are all nice and killy. The Hormagaunts have to by my all time favorite as most people underestimate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been loving Old One Eye lately, shielded by a small army of gargoyles and a trio of warriors with lash whips he has been inspiring a lot of fear in my meals lately. Plus it leaves the mawlocs/trygons relatively free, which is kind of amusing. Once an enemy gets hit with 13 strength 10 attacks in one turn, neither they nor any witnesses ever want to let him in close combat again, and the intimidation factor is awesome. Of course genestealers have a good intimidation factor too, Mawlocs are great against hordes or swarms, and Trygons are something most would rather avoid, but good rolls with old one eye are awe inspiring. Plus he is like the definition of the pure brutality only a true apex predator can possess.
    Last edited by Melebranche; April 21st, 2012 at 14:09.
    Every suit of power armor should have a ring pull to save valuable tyranid time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, stealers. they are the workhorse of my army, chewing through numbers of enemys far better than anything else in my army does. and they have their weaknesses but when you learn to protect those they just keep cutting and cutting and cutting...
    then zoanthropes. all they have to do to earn their points back is to kill a land raider or a storm raven or such equililant. and failing that distract and allow other stuff in my army a chance to get closer.
    and the doom. makes his points nearly every time and the distraction and the fear he causes makes him well worth it for me. compleately throws the enemy into dissaray.
    and things not on the list- the red terror for the model, and mycetic spore as it allows the doom and zoanthropes to do their job whilst scattering extra firepower into my enemys ranks... awsome....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

I've voted for my rank outsiders-Biovores, Spore Mines and Ripper Swarms. After my http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1913000Tyranid Tactica update post I would be bloody daft to vote for anything else. I don't think I need to justify my selection, do you?

Incidentally it's good to see that GS are still popular, despite all the rubbishing they get from Tervigon-spammers. They've never let me down in twenty years.
    Last edited by adamwelton; April 24th, 2012 at 00:51.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true, though i find the terviagon spam actually helps mine, a sheild og free gaunts to hide behind and feel no pain on the stealers, nevermind having the terviagon potentially to hold the objective or the gaunts so the stealers dont have to camp and can move on after they have done their killing and can get stuck in again...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE my Tyrannofex. He makes troops/tanks/characters/other players/and anything else he can shoot mush! I have been working on a 1500 list with 2 of them :-D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast