Extreemly New Player need help building an army... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Extreemly New Player need help building an army...

Hey guys,

First I suppose I should say that I am brand new to the hobby. As a matter of fact I have yet to play a game...at all. I was interested in the hobby a few years ago and began to build a nid army but never completed it. They recently opened up a shop by my house and after visiting a few times I decided to get back into it. I still have my 'nid facination so I decided to rebuild it from the ground up. But I have been so out of the loop that I couldnt really build an army if I wanted to. The codex I have is the old one, I have no problem buying the new one but I would like a general building block of what you guys might suggest before I start buying new models. I have probably 30 half built/painted term/hormies that I never finished, a box of warriors, and a finished Tyrannofex with Rupture Cannon I built before reading the forums. Its not painted so I could break it down and rebuild it if thats not suggested, and But thats about it. Info about my area: almost everyone plays space marines. I have only seen one dark eldar, and one necron player. It doesnt have to be a tournament list (i dont plan on competing) and Ive always been a fan of close combat 'nids, but that doesnt seem to be a theme anymore. So anyone got any suggestions for a starting list say 1500 points? Or maybe what to avoid/bring considering my opponents list? Also any suggestions on what tactics and armies you guys use so I dont start off looking like a total moron would be awesome! Thank you guys so much in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    With the Fellowship of the Bling
    39 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

2085 (x8)

Welcome to the Hive mate!

Instead of spending 45 minutes here telling you all about 'nids, I'm going to redirect you. The first two stickies you see on this forum (A General Guide to Tyranids, Tyranid Tactica 2011) contain all the information you need and more to understand the 'nids, figure out how you want to play them, certain unit builds, and everything really you need to be able to cope with our race. I can answer any further question or queries you may have.

Sorry for redirecting you, but it is the best way to go.

+ Reply to Thread