Strealth Suit Awesomeness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    BSM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strealth Suit Awesomeness

Ok I know Stealths get a ribbed in here and I'll be slated for endorsing them but I've had some luck recently with them.

Two games they have bought their points back by hiding in cover and flank firing other units (one game they claimed a land raider after I lost my railhead another they took down a vyper squad.) So of the few that use them how are they using them successfully?

Just a rule clarification, in 5th ed if a unit fails its sight test for aiming at stealths can they shoot at another unit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Nope
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Claiming a LR, nice luck - with a single (or two) fusion blaster

Killing vypers... everything in the codex can kill vypers, they're AV10 and vehicle squadron rules blow, especially on open-topped vehicles, 3+ on a pen to destroy (+1 open topped, immob vehicles in squad are destroyed) 5+ on glance, hell, even a 2 on a pen is weap destroyed which is just gravy for vypers

Codex entry for stealth field generator explains that units cannot target something else

BSM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it was a lucky melta shot, I have the codex but my opponent argued he could target something else in 5th ed.

Ok ok ok hollow victory for the vipers.
    "If I kill you, my soul is bound for hell. It is a price I shall gladly pay."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Codices always supercede main rule book.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Every time I field the stealth suit teams my opponents seem to go out of their way to show how easy they fall. I only used them a few times when I first started out. They are few in number and can be taken down by enemy fire easily before their weapons are in range. The stealth field generator does absoluetly nothing when you're forced to get in close.

The only "sucess" I had with them was running around trying to avoid dying. They ended up dying anyways, but delayed the advancing enemy slightly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

And thats the issue isn't it, on one hand, here, have a piece of wargear thats useless at short range and with the other hand give them guns that can only be used at short range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

The concept isn't terrible really. Give a unit the ability to "hide" and move quickly towards the enemy with a fair volume of shots and then jump to safety. The only problem is that it's executed poorly. Personally I love the model and the concept, just would like it to actually do some damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SavageConvoy View Post
    The concept isn't terrible really. Give a unit the ability to "hide" and move quickly towards the enemy with a fair volume of shots and then jump to safety. The only problem is that it's executed poorly. Personally I love the model and the concept, just would like it to actually do some damage.
    Same here

It will be a great thing if the SFG force 2D6 spotting range like Shadowseer VoT.

BSM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to Stealths - I would like to see them as a fast attack choice all with marker-lights and targeting arrays as standard
    "If I kill you, my soul is bound for hell. It is a price I shall gladly pay."

+ Reply to Thread