Dissappointed with New Special Character releases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like the new Characters

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like them

13 41.94%
  • There alright

12 38.71%
  • Dislike them

6 19.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Dissappointed with New Special Character releases

Is anyone else Dissappointed with the characters they realised? To me they look somewhat bland, and "Stiff". Personally I like the Custom ones I built (let me know if you need directions my friends ) . In any case what do you think of the new character's they released?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army wide Initiative 2 is represented by the stiff posture. I don't mind them, they make alright proxies for others.

I'm more disappointed in the fact that there are no Doom Scythes
    The Yukon, keeping your Baals cold 24/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they're big metal robots, but nearly all the new models just look like Imotekh in slightly different poses. A slight head variance barely makes them count as different models.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

They're all essentially just Overlords and Crypteks, so I guess there's only so many ways to vary that.
    They're nice, but I don't think I'll be buying any of them. Especially since they're all finecast.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Szears looks bad ass and i love the bulkiness of Obyron, but as for the rest, ya.... pretty much just... meh...

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I like Zahndrekh alright. He's nothing great, but he's okay looking. I think the cloak attached to his arms is something a little unique to the model.

Obyron on the other hand, I just don't like that model. We're talking about a guy that is supposed to be the meanest warrior that necrons have to offer. He has a unique and powerful veil of darkness, which is actually one of his defining powers. Yet, the veil isn't even modeled on him. He has the look of a model from 15 years ago; one of those old styles that looks like the model was pressed flat in a book. Nothing dynamic, or even three dimensional.

Szeras... I understand the concept behind the design. He's the necron that's super science and has started modifying himself to reflect this. He's rebuilt himself; stronger, faster, better than ever before. But the model is just a little too far. I have a hard time looking at it and thinking skeleton dude. He's discordant with the rest of the range. He needs just a little more metal skele, right now he feels like a Warmachine or Infinity conversion.

So, overall, I've had a no-finecast policy and have much preferred to convert my own HQs from spare parts. These models haven't done anything to make me want to change my ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if you put Szeras next to some scarabs,the new tomb spider, and the triarch stalker he wouldn't look so out of place.

wish he wasnt finecast, i hate the stuff, still might pick him up, but i feel finecast is just so fragile i dont like having it/transporting it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

I wish for a little something more so that they stand out. I looked and saw another overlord in a different pose. I thought finecast was good, I was wrong. Like others, i probaby won't get it because it is finecast. I think it is good for squads, but for characters they should have remained puter, excpecally if there is no price cut.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wish they just made everything plastic, but there's no chance of that. I'm probably going to get the Zahndrekh model because I actually quite like it, bt I can't say the same about Obyron. i think I'll just convert a barge lord. I do like the destroyer lord conversion kit though - it gives a good alternative fr any destroyers that are no longer in use.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

new special characters look mint. obyron and szeras look the best. zandrekh looks pretty cool as well. you guys do seem to be forgetting that this is an army of robots? so they're gonna look fairly similar, and yeah klondiker got it right, initiative 2 represented perfectly!

doom/night scythe will come out with the summer/ autumn flyers man, patience!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast