necrons and apocolypse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Barrie, Ontario
    16 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

necrons and apocolypse

Ok, so most of the necron units revolve around a lord leading battle formations into battle, but the lord is counted as a indepedant unit/character. Do we use any necron lord (overlord, destroyer lord, regular lord) or do you have to take a lord that is then given to the formation? Has GW talked about this/ FAQed it?

2. Remove Advertisements

7 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

163 (x6)

I don't know if GW has FAQed anything about APOC, but I would say it might be safe to assume and Overlord for anything that says lord. Otherwise we would be able to pull of cheaper formations and not really have a "true leader". Yeah, Lords are leaders in a sense, but not really as much for army commanding... And you shouldn't regularly get a lord without an overlord anyways, so it kinda makes sense, unless you DO have an overlord in the list. Thats my thoughts on it. But I couldn't say with any real certainty.

If you play a game, I would ask your opponent what they think, if I was to play against you I wouldn't really care too much if you used a lord for a formation if you had an overlord or character in the list, but some people are VERY much into RAW too an extreme. So I would simply ask until someone can give a 100% answer.

+ Reply to Thread