Playing against eldar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing against eldar?

thought id ask this one as much or the other nid players as much as myself. eldar. how do you play against them in this ed? now i havent played against eldar since 3rd ed, where they had 3 shot starcannons, and we had almost complete mutability. i ask as we do have a very good eldar player in store who is to my knowledge using pretty much exactly what eldar should be using, eldrad, farseers, firedragons, dire avengers(all mounted) warwalkers squadron with 30+ scatter laser shots etc. now the guy is good and so i do expect to loose but i do want to give him a hard game( though i expect to loose every game but make them fight for every inch) so fello gamers, what you you find works against the eldar? tips etc please.(and maby if this works we could do this for different armys to help the swarm???)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i'm new to nids so i'm not much help on that front
    but.. I am quite a good elder player. so i sort o know how the eldar
    work against tyrands would this help you. if so i can help you there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup any insight probably helps. as your comming from eldar then youll likely know what they will throw at usso can warn us what to watch out for what to advoid. also first thing for you to help with is the avatar with the reroll saves thing on it, would throwing 20- 30 gaunts with toxin sacs on them be the best answer to that particular problem?

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

clip their mobility, that's a real easy way to deal with them. and most mech armies in general. when they're out of their boxes and on equal footing with yours it's a fairly even game. the big issue is your deployment and movement after turn one. you'll have to deal with his mobility and survivability while keeping your position strong as well. S8 is big against the wave serpent's templates and blast's when they hit ground. pretty standard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that should do it however just remember that he's only a mere 150pts so try not to lose to many
    models to it and you'll be needing 6's to hit him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6s? worst you need to his is a 5 unless ive missed something. and given the chance i would paroxism him anyway... actually i think my worst thing against eldar is haveing my phsy powers locked off cause im fairly reliant on what phsy powers i have, the doom, zoanthropes, hive tyrant, broodlords, terviagon... if i can get rid of him i think ill be fairly well set...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Whilst not being an experienced Nid player, I am an experienced eldar player. Things to watch out for.

Scatter laser war walkers: A single round of shooting from this will generally kill a hive tyrant so be careful.
    Runes of Warding from the farseer makes you take psychic tests on 3d6 - average roll is 10 so you can expect to be taking perils about half the time.
    Vehicles are AV10 at the rear so look to get behind them and then you have plenty of options on how to break them
    Adrenal glands are probably better than toxin sacs unless he's bringing a wraithlord as all eldar are T3 anyway
    Paroxysm the avatar if you can and then he becomes useless or as you say tarpit him with a large gaunt unit he only has 4 attacks so assuming he doesn't charge he can kill max 8 a turn. But in 24 gaunts and you know he's out of action for at least 3 turns
    -------------------
    Check out my Blog for my Biel-Tan Apocalypse progress

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/daziel/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

shoot vehicles, not assault them. you still use your standard bs for that part, I run a shooty nid list. at 1500 usually around 6 hive guard and 4 biovores and a T-fex, with the tyrant and guard abusing tervie/gant wall's for cover and pop'ing tanks and covering troops in pie from my nice little bubble. your tyrant can gain cover from his squad (if he's with a tyrant guard) your hive guard and biovores gain cover from the gants. Fnp makes your little ones more resilient and from there its a waiting game for him to goof up and give you openings.

that's my general style though. against eldar I wouldn't recommend to many assault oriented units because unless you can get rid of the serpents they will accomplish almost nothing. zoanthropes and the doom also wont be very effective because of a few of the WS rules, the doom will do squat against armor because he won't be able to easily get at those souls behind them. a shooty tyrant, (2x brainleech dev's) will shred most anything that falls out. the only real thing I usually worry about against the eldar players over here are fire dragon serpent bombs, and fire prisms.

and for the avatar, 20 toxin sac gants/gaunts would wreck him if you got the charge, or they got charged either way he's in a for a bad day.

+ Reply to Thread