best team with eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best team with eldar

what id the best team with eldar cuz i want to start and army and my friend plays eldar and blood angels pls respond.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I don't know...My friendly and helpful nature whats to help you...but i see that your name tag is GKrules, and i assume that that is short for Grey Knights Rule...and i dislike grey knights...

...hmm...
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i play grey knights but i want to start an other army that matche's with eldar

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

Eldar are fragile at range. get something that is good at range so a heavy tank based Marine army. that way, you'll pummel the enemy with tank fire and the Eldar will zoom up the board and slaughter everyone in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx you for the tip

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

I, Myself have an Eldar Army so i know how easily they die to Heavy Bolters. Power-Armoured models are the best way to counter Heavy Bloters. just make sure you have a decent back-story to explain the alligence....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marines do make good allies, i'm not fond of the Imperium but I can't deny they make good meat shields..... uhh I mean allies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marines would make great Allies, except they hate Xenos as such they are not even "Distrusted Allies".
    From memory the only Allies for Eldar are Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, and Tau.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

Well what you're best doing is evaluating what the strengths and weaknesses of the Eldar are and then getting your friend's army to compensate for your weaknesses - so to give an example, if you are weak in close combat, get your friend to field troops that are good in close combat and so on...

I honestly don't have that much experience with eldar past play-testing a few lists and buying a few HQ models to paint up, but at a glance my observation tells me the following:-

. They're fast (both in I value and in movement with vehicles)

. They can bring quite a bit of fire-power to a specific point quickly, albeit at short range

. They can be excellent in CC if you get the right troops.

. But, overall - they are FRAGILE and EXPENSIVE you simply WILL NOT win games by attrition or fire-power, you need to concentrate your fire on specific units to neutralise the greatest threats first and then move on to the rest...

So with those in mind, I'd say your best options for allies are probably some of the following:-

. Marines (expensive, but durable, good in CC and can still bring some very strong stuff to the table for the points cost)

. Guard (cheap, lots of fire-power, can be very fast also if you give 'em the right transport and can also be reliable in shooting too if you field veterans)

. Maaaybe Tau - (fairly durable with a 4+ save for regular infantry, have moderate BS, are on the higher end of pts cost, but can field some excellent elite units - an all rounder really, a bit like Marines, although not as durable).

Those are all I can think of for now...

Can I also make a respectful request? Please use proper English when you're typing, I can appreciate it's easier to type in text speak, but it is really irritating to read and sometimes difficult to understand too... you also can be taken more seriously if you use good english... there, my grammar nazi fetish has been sated for now...

EDIT: Oh yeah, can I ask, where are some of you guys getting this distrusted allies stuff? Just I'm having the same dilemma of allies with a friend of mine as we're thinking of doing a 500pt doubles tourney next year

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Distrusted Allies is all part of the Apocalypse set-up. Here's a link to the comparison chart: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...lies_Chart.pdf

And I hear you about proper spelling, punctuation etc and no l33t or text speak.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast