Fire Warrior Reserves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Warrior Reserves

With troops being the mainstay of the current game,
    and our troops being the weakest units in the army,

As a general rule would you choose to keep them in reserves? cheaping out on troops and tabling your opponent or drawing seems like a pretty flimsy strategy,

how do you keep your troops alive?
    maybe it's worth using more then our bare minimum of fire warriors?
    also besides running them naked what uses are there for devilfish?

I've been fiddling with the idea of using a positional relay, firstly to keep fire warriors reserved for an extra turn, and secondly to deep strike a unit that can potentially neutralise a threat to our fragile troops,

Death to the Alien!
    who likes cockroaches anyway.
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it doesn't seem to matter if I bring 6 or 12 fire warriors. Once they are deployed on the ground they drop loke flies!! If they are tied up in an assault, at initiative 2 and not being fearless, they are going to get slaughtered in a sweeping advance once they have lost. And they will lose:-(
    In terms of efficacy on the battlefield their results have been neglible, too. BS 3 just does not get enough hits on target.The "better off with more suits strategy" is best, as they actually kill stuff well.
    I have read of people's preference for kroot as bubble wrap, but I leave enough points in the kitty to field 4 minimum squads of FW that charge about in the 2 devilfish I have bought for the pathfinder teams.
    I love the FW mini, but their performance is only ever underwhelming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be playing some necrons soon,
    and what I was thinking was having 2 in they're own devilfish,
    keeping them in reserves, taking a positional relay and a crisis monat with TL fusion blaster,

I'm assuming it's going to be an objective based game,

It occured to me that I can use the positional relay to keep the firewarriors in reserve for an extra turn and bring them in later in the game,

that way I can keep them alive to then end of the game and hold an objective or two,

this is going to be my first game in quite awhile so does thaht seem like a sound strategy or am I just being hopefull?
    Death to the Alien!
    who likes cockroaches anyway.
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I commonly leave at least one unit of FWs in reserves to walk onto an objective I've placed in or near my deployment zone. It's definitely worth doing. FWs do die far too easily to be useful for anything other than objective takers. Using them in reserves can help to keep them alive longer. It's not like they'll be used offensively anyway.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

A good use for fire warriors is the taus biggest strength - massive range. Using marker lights, you can boost your units accuracy to absurdity, and unload EVERYTHING on them. The fire warrior is a gun on legs, and remember it.

+ Reply to Thread