What's Up With Those Ripper Swarms? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at the Nid Codex on page 13 it says that a Brood of Ripper Swarms is a minimum of 3 bases to be a brood. I assume that I need to have at least 3 of them in order to place them on the field. Well I don't like the way they are currently setup so I went to the the back of the book to create my own brood of Ripper Swarms using the genus modification rules on page 38, but here is the problem:

I want to create a leaping Ripper swarm, but on page 40 it says Ripper Swarm broods are 5-9??? How can that be if page 13 says they are a minimum of 3?? I don't have 5 wich sucks, so I am hoping this is a misprint and that I can actually use my 3.

Also, on page 40 I think there is another misprint. In the weapons list for bio-weapons all it gives the ripper swarm is the spinefist for an option, but the example Ripper Swarm it gives below is using Scythes?? How did he create a Ripper Swarm Scythe brood if the only option for Ripper Swarms is Spinefists??

Did I just find 2 mistakes on the same page?? Has anyone else seen what I am seeing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The example ripper swarm dosen't have scything talons. They are just called scythe swarm. And the chapter approved says 3 to 10, so I'm assuming that pg 40 has an error.
    I am with stupid /\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

The issue with the amount of Rippers per brood has been clarified in the Tyranid FAQ available from Chapter Approved.

As for the Mutable Ripper example, I see no mention that they'd have a Bioweapon at all... They're just Rippers with Leaping and AdrG I. As pointed out by Cropilot, Scythe Swarms is just the name for the Mutable Rippers, and has no bearing on their biomorphs/-weapons.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Oct 26 2004, 17:48
    The issue with the amount of Rippers per brood has been clarified in the Tyranid FAQ available from Chapter Approved.

As for the Mutable Ripper example, I see no mention that they'd have a Bioweapon at all... They're just Rippers with Leaping and AdrG I. As pointed out by Cropilot, Scythe Swarms is just the name for the Mutable Rippers, and has no bearing on their biomorphs/-weapons.
    [snapback]238517[/snapback]

Doh! For some reason I was under the impression they were armed with scythes!! This is great news! Now I can have leaping ripper swarms!! Yeah!!! And then there was great rejoicing...

+ Reply to Thread