Adepticon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adepticon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adepticon

I noticed there were no Dark Eldar players in the top 16 of Adepticon. I was wondering why everyone thought this was? I am looking at collecting them but do not want to be a Chaos Daemon player (which funnily did make the top 16). Just curious what you guys thought and why this was.

I would love to have Dark Eldar be competitive as my brother plays Eldar and I also have CSM, if he gets IG, we could do some awesome fluff battles.

Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I don't know what ta tell ya but at last years ard boyz, I took 2nd place with my DE. Locally, not world wide. But if I remember right, the DE were high up in the standings. Sounds like there may not have been many DE players at Adepticon.
    Last edited by AzureDeath; May 14th, 2012 at 04:45.
    We are here to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And we are fresh out of bubble gum!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, Dark Eldar have a good codex. Don't be swayed into thinking that DE are less than competitive because they didn't place well in Adepticon-especially if you don't plan on going to those large tournaments.

I think DE struggle a little more in tournaments because of their inherent weaknesses. They have lots of kill-points, AV 10, and require more finesse and player skill. They are a glass cannon.

My advice: wait until 6th edition comes out before dumping a large amount of cash on an army.
    Last edited by stuck804; May 14th, 2012 at 05:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not to worried about winning every game, I just want to feel tactically challenged and that my army has enough variety that I don't get bored. But I also don't want to face a GK army and get run off the board.

Also my brother plays Eldar and it sounds like we will get rocked by them. They do everything we do but with more resilience.

Adepticon surprised me with how many people play GK's, but I guess if your going to a tournie take the best army.

On a side note I hear a lot of a Venom army but have never played one nor seen one in action. Can anyone tell me what it involves? Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venom spam usually has around 9 venoms and 3 ravagers.
    3 squads of blaster trueborn and 6 squads of 5 warriors with one warrior having a blaster.
    Baron seems to be a popular HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha nothing quite like duplicates in an army. . Besides venoms looking awesome are they actual valuable? Not talking about a spam like above, I mean a mixed army that utilizes a couple entries or more.

Also how reasonable would be a wracks/beastmaster army? With a couple grotesques thrown in.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by HAB_Incognito View Post
    Ha nothing quite like duplicates in an army. . Besides venoms looking awesome are they actual valuable? Not talking about a spam like above, I mean a mixed army that utilizes a couple entries or more.

Also how reasonable would be a wracks/beastmaster army? With a couple grotesques thrown in.
    First, the venom is a very valuable transport and it brings good AI or AMC at longer range and mobility. Thank god for Poison shooting!

I feel that a list completely build around wracks, beastmasters and grotesques can have a hard time, because they don't have any ranged AT. I think they would be best to be a WWP, to minimize the damage on your units before they enter CC. If you play WWP, include some Taloi, to increase your AT powers. You want some mobile units too but your Beasts will be able to cover a large distance (unless your opponent moves up in floors).

+ Reply to Thread