Begging for help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

Begging for help

Okay so I normally play space marines in their various forms (Vanilla and DA mostly) and lately Necrons have been handing me my backside in some very impressive ways. So, I decided i am going to do a Necron army. I like shooty style armies with big weapons that massive damage. SO I picked up the codex and the battle force... what would you suggest next...specifically what models do you think would help me the most. I know I need at least one HQ so which is the best for this type of army, and what other things should I get as a priority.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Don't get me wrong, Necrons are NOT the hardest army out there (however, not the push over they were previously). However, there's multiple posts here about some of our stronger combinations. At bare minimum the 3 units that people rave about are Full squads of Wraiths, Command Barges with a Lord+Warscythe, and dirt cheap annihilation barges are just great at laying down fire for being so few points.

Other than that, I can't find the huge post I made back for someone with the same question and laid out ALL the strong, good, fair, and crap units in our also laid out some combos...the biggest thing with Necrons (and hard to make a list with) is we need synnergy with OTHER things. Destruction crypteks with Triarch stalker making them twin linked it great, etc.

Here's a thread:
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; May 18th, 2012 at 21:45.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Barrie, Ontario
    16 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

Basic things to get to start out:
    battle force
    annihilation barge
    the barge comes with a plastic lord, and the battleforce is filled with good things.

Another player asked the same thing not to long ago. Good advice, take a look and post again if any other questions come up.

+ Reply to Thread