Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm going senile, there's no other explanation for my mistakes. I thought you could have a good laugh at my expense as I tell you all the things I've done wrong with the new Necron codex:
1) I didn't realize the C'Tan needed to take a minimum of two pieces of wargear.
2) I gave Orikan a Royal Court.
3) I gave Crypteks the same wargear in the same court. (that was brief)
4) I distributed more than one of the same Royal Court to a unit of Lychguard.
5) I didn't realize Obyron could be taken as a free HQ slot when taken with Zahndrekh.
6) (This is a good one) I thought all Necron vehicles had Quantum Shielding and so gave my Night and Doom Scythes Quantum Shielding.
7) The first couple times I used it, I nominated the victim of Mindshackle Scarabs instead of randomly selecting it.
8 ) I thought it was optional to keep a Staff of Light for a Cryptek who becomes a specific Harbinger.
Although everyone at the gaming club thought I was wrong about Entropic Strike, I was (for once) right on about how it worked. After so many mistakes, I resolved not to play the Necrons until I read the codex yet again. Now I'll have a beer and take my stupid pills. I find my confession somewhat cleansing....
EPIC but it happens man I let my friend have two turns once and I thought Obyron was free with the Nemesor lol
I laughed, and I cried (because I've done some of those things!) And I've done plenty of others too. I have to admit our codex doesn't seem like the straightest forward book when you go through it. Definitely an OOPS curve involved. But that's also what makes our codex fun, because all the hidden synnergy and such. I'm still intruigued by it all this time later still...
I'll always play Necrons.
"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
My annihilation barge was a fast skimmer for the first couple games I played it.
I feel your pain! Here's a short list of some mistakes I made even months after owning the book!
1) Thought quantum shielding worked on all face - so gave my guys armor 13 on the rear
2) I did run my anni barge as a fast skimmer
3) I ran Immortals as having T 5 in at least 2 games
and on the flip side...
4) I ran my scarabs wrong for months before I learned all the tricks with beasts and swarm rues
5) I only realized the other week that I could have a large royal court with *some* members split off and the rest staying together!
6) I always forget to shoot with my staff of light
1)Wraiths had Initiative 6 for the 1st time I played them.
2)My Destroyer Lord had a Phase Shifter for free in my 1st game. Too bad he died of Guardsmen in CC.
3)I ran my Destroyer Lord with a Tesseract labyrinth, which removed an enemy Librarian as a casualty ^_^
1) My Warriors were using their armour save AND WBB rolls against my buddy's Avatar in CC. (I actually killed him in the end )
2) My Monolith fired all of its Flux Arcs AND its Particle Whip against my buddy's Wraithlord and killed him in a single round of shooting.
Last edited by TheNightbringer; May 28th, 2012 at 14:13.
I have no idea why but my first game with the new dex i was convinced that tesla destructors were 36" range. I also, for no apparent reason, thought that the deflection ability on lychguard's dispurtion shields happened on a separate d6 from the save so I was rolling way more dice then i needed 0.o
"Dare to be Naive"
If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them