Destroyer Taticics vs Choas Warband (kill the havocs) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Destroyer Taticics vs Choas Warband (kill the havocs)

So i know i gotta a game against a Large Choas Warband soon, and it got me thinking about a destoryer maneuver i'd like to try. This game, is very likley going to be similar as the last. My Wall of Necrons are going to advance and take up defensive positions (while Destoyers side-straff, and add mobile support fire), while the choas warband charges across the board.

Now heres the problem. Last game a unit of Iron Warroir Havocs armed with custm Autocannons, Racked a horrible toll on my poor warroirs. I do not have a firing solution on these havocs, when there a far mor pressing concern with Marines nearing assualt range. If the Oppertunity would arise, and my destroyers had an opening on the havocs, should i'd advance them into harms way to get a shot on these havocs??? I have 4 Destroyers, thats 8 AP3 shots, 6 are going to hit on average, so i'd say i have a solid chance at killing half the squad, possibling getting them to fall back.

My destroyers made up the points last game, as did his havocs. I feel like the stakes are high.

If I get the chance, should i send my destoyers on a sucide mission?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

No. Send a couple of Annihilation Barges instead. Autocannons can, at best, glance the barges front armour, so move up and get your shots in first. Then hopefully you'll kill some and maybe even make them run off.

Autocannons are horrible against Warriors now, what with their save down to a 4+, so you need to minimise their shots against you. Either use Immortals, who will still get their save, or keep the warriors in cover.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

4. LikeBladeweaver liked this post.
    The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

No, don't put the Destroyers in harm's way. Consider giving your Warrior units a method of being able to move and shoot to full effect at all times. In other words take a Phaeron Lord to give them Relentless. That way they can continually fall back in front of the on-rushing assault unit and still fire to full effect. It also means they are moving away from the autocannon firebase.

Back your Destroyers up with something like a C'tan Shard or a bunch of Wraiths/Scarabs to keep the Havocs occupied so that you can get your Destroyers where they can deal a telling blow, and then maybe wade in with an assault unit to finish off the Heavies.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Use a Night Scythe to get close enough with 5-10 Immortals with tesla. The strength 5 weapons and the Tesla effect should do a few things for you: 1) Lay enough firepower into them to cause enough kills to generate a Morale test or 2) Hit them with Strength 5 weapons in case they have the Icon of Nurgle. You could also put a Despair Cryptek in that Immortal squad with a Nightmare Shroud and try to make him run. Remember, only 4 of his Havocs can be outfitted with Autocannons per unit. Since they are heavy, if he is made to move at all, he can't shoot them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Thanks guys, I'll use the Anni Barge with Immortals to take out the Havocs. Keep my destroyers in back

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Keep them moving too and use them to threaten a flank or a unit. Gives your opponent something to think about and have to deal with.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

9. ThanksBladeweaver thanked for this post.
    Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I actually think a monolith might help you out here. Deepstrike it near the havoks to block LoS and unleash the particle whip on them. It helps that they can't hurt the monolith either.

It sounds like your opponent is using 5 man squads so each wound will hurt and also give a good chance of them running off the board.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

+ Reply to Thread