Getting Cut Down By Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a game yesterday and was amazed at how brutally I was slaughtered by blood angels. do their marines really have 3 base attacks?!? I had warriors and heavy destroyers, and I took out half of his death company squad with the heavies but with black rage and jetpacks they got into assault the second turn and wiped me out the next turn, I don't see how necrons have something against that?!? marines with 3 base attacks who save on a 3+ and ignore injury on a 4+. in hand to hand, the only thing I can think of that could rally would be a c'tan, maybe pariahs if they didn't get all mowed down before they got to hit, what to do, what to do?

I'll probably be playing the same guy again next week and I'm not sure at all what to make my list. it's only a 1250 point battle, so 460 points are already compulsory. he's likely to have a rhino, a predator, a dreadnaught, anddeath company marines, I'm considering a nightbringer and/or a monolith, but at such low points I'm not sure if that's a good idea. tomb spyders maybe? what do you guys think? I seem to get creamed by his base 3 attack marines that don't seem to fall down

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first thing you do is get hold of their codex and make sure you opponent is playing them correctly. In 7 out of 10 cases where I've been brutualy annialiated, I have found that my opponent is playing something wrong in their army.
    Mostly an honest mistake mind you, a misinterpertation of thier codex rules or the general 40K rules mostly.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"
    "Sometimes I feel like the winner in the Aztec Lucky Virgin contest"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Death Company gets 3 Base Attacks (when you figure in the ccw/bp) and one more for charging. Still he will only have one squad of Death Company that has that many attacks and the 3+ save 4+ ignore wound. If he was playing all his squads like that then he was cheating. Blood Angels are just normal Marines other than death company, the bonus for charging, and the possiblity for them to rage and advance an extra d6.

Just bring Wraiths or Scarabs to tie his assault squads up and shoot the crap out of him with Warriors and Destroyers. A Lord with a Veil will also help you get out of those combats you don't want to be in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Death Company is the BAs bggest asset imho. Take them out and you have just ordanary SMs. They are tough but not unbeatable.
    I took out a whole squad with my Alaitoc rangers and pathfinders before they did too much damage.
    Pin them down with barrage weapons or take them out long range with snipers before they can get into combat. And remember, unless lead by a chaplain, they have to charge the neareast enemy unit, then the next neareast, and so on.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"
    "Sometimes I feel like the winner in the Aztec Lucky Virgin contest"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also their ignore the wound thingy works in the same situations that a wbb roll will, therefore a single well placed monolith shot can wipe out most of his death guard, leaving you to mop up some regular space marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JAFO+Oct 27 2004, 10:23--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JAFO &#064; Oct 27 2004, 10:23)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Death Company is the BAs bggest asset imho. Take them out and you have just ordanary SMs. They are tough but not unbeatable.
    I took out a whole squad with my Alaitoc rangers and pathfinders before they did too much damage.
    Pin them down with barrage weapons or take them out long range with snipers before they can get into combat. And remember, unless lead by a chaplain, they have to charge the neareast enemy unit, then the next neareast, and so on.
    [snapback]239057[/snapback]
    [/b]

I am pretty sure they can&#39;t be pinned since they are fearless. The Eldar Snipers would be good since the AP1 shots they won&#39;t get a save or ignore wound against, but the barrage stuff won&#39;t pin them.

<!--QuoteBegin-The Mad Hatter
    @Oct 27 2004, 12:24
    also their ignore the wound thingy works in the same situations that a wbb roll will, therefore a single well placed monolith shot can wipe out most of his death guard, leaving you to mop up some regular space marines.
    [snapback]239134[/snapback]
    [/quote]

It doesn&#39;t work exactly like the WBB. They don&#39;t get it when they don&#39;t get an armor save. So even if it is a S4 hit at AP1 they get no save or ignore wound roll.

Senior Member SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

losing the heavy destroyers would be a very good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering what&#39;s been said maybe this would be a good list against the BA&#39;s:

Headquarters:
    1 C&#39;tan Nightbringer
    1 Lord w/veil, chrono

Troops:
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

Elites:
    10 Immortals

Heavy Support:
    1 Heavy Destroyer

OR

Headquarters:
    1 Lord w/veil, chrono

Troops:
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

Elites:
    10 Immortals

Fast Attack:
    7 Scarabs w/field 2 less and make the destroyers heavies?
    2 Destroyers

Heavy Support:
    1 Monolith

Using the monolith and the lord for pulling out of close combat then rapid firing into his squads (He plays heavily CC, power fists, etc) It seems like most people are torn between the use of heavy destroyers. scarabs with disruption fields are perfect for taking down big tanks, with so many attacks, there are bound to be enough 6&#39;s to hurt or kill whatever it is, however I&#39;m afraid they won&#39;t get a chance to get into assault with his heavy supporting vehicles, with his jetpacked squads flying forward into assault. the 36" range on my heavy destroyers makes them attractive for taking out the landspeeders and predator, which hurt if they don&#39;t go down with their multi-melt and lascannon capabilities.

It seems like he just gets into assault so quickly with jetpacks and black rage, the veil will be a big help I think, and the monolith. also, you can move and shoot ordanance now, right? I think a particle whip would be perfect against his squads. Well, just some thoughts. the way I play it seems that in assault i do poorly unless I have a lord or something to pull them out of hand to hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOpps. Right, Havok, cant pin DC. Sorry
    &quot;Every day above ground is a good day&quot;
    &quot;Sometimes I feel like the winner in the Aztec Lucky Virgin contest&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Forget the Nightbringer&#33; (why does every Necron player want him no matter the points?) Use the Monolith and as many destroyers as you can field, hopefully 5 or more. Some immortals with that gauss rifle/ cannon could work also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast