Some Flechette Questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Some Flechette Questions.

I wont even bother to ask about multiple flechettes wounding multiple times on a unit that is attacking asquadron, but here are some additional question about our handy little flechettes.

Are flechette wounds assigned and allocated the same way as shooting attacks or do they wound much the same as dangerous terrain? ie. each SPECIFIC attacking model is wounded on a 4+ and does not go the route of normal wound allocation.

ALSO

Can those kills that are from the Flechettes cause a moral check at the end of the assault phase? ie 25%

NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

1. According to the codex, page 30 flechette discharger, each model that attacks the vehicle is wounded (skipping allocation, roll to hit, and roll to wound) on a 4+, after which those models roll their armor or invulnerable saves.

2. According to main rule book page 44, a) casualties; a unit losing 25% or more of its models during a single phase must pass a test or fallback at the end of the phase.

Both of these questions are pretty clearly answered.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

quick question, can flechette dischargers hurt vehicles? If so after the 4+ would you roll armour penetration? or would it be automatically glancing?
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Vehicles can't "attack", let alone "attack" other vehicles. So ... nope. Flechettes have no effect on other vehicles at all.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Ork vehicles can. So can dreadnoughts and the like. But no, flechette discharges shouldn't work, as vehicles cannot be 'wounded'.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

+ Reply to Thread