Orkz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orkz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I just started a orc army. I was wondering what to get next. At the moment i have:

Warboss
    16 choppa boyz
    2 killer cans
    17 grots
    slaver
    kannon
    Zzap
    Lobba

Im thinking of getting 3 more squads of orc choppa boyz, so i can swarm the enemy. Would that be a good thing to do? or something else? if so. Please state below

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also just started but i am on the path of speed freaks because the main armies i am gogin to face will need speed freaks. The otehr good tatic is swarming so I probly would suggest that you might want a small shoota squad with 3 big shootas sooner or later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to mix choppa boyz with shootaz? in one squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Zone-TR@Oct 30 2004, 08:23
    Is it possible to mix choppa boyz with shootaz? in one squad
    [snapback]241247[/snapback]
    You can only do this in some of the elite units like Ard boyz, skar boyz and the like, not with reguluar troops.

That said, you definately need more boyz. If you want to swamp em then at least two boxes will get you on track. Don't forget about adding special weapons to the squad, they are cheap and effective. I'd also add a third can to fill out the killa kan mob.

If you want the grots to screen you might use a few more. Alternatively you can grab some warbikes or a squad of burna boyz with a kustom force field wielding mek.

As for the big gunz, keep all three the same so they can be effective. I like kannon for their dual role but it's up to personal preference.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Brother Marius@Oct 30 2004, 10:58
    You can only do this in some of the elite units like Ard boyz, skar boyz and the like, not with reguluar troops.
    [snapback]241267[/snapback]
    Umm....there is no such thing as choppa boyz...(unless ive missed something..)...and you can have a squad of slugga boyz with choppas and three of 'em can wield big shootas or you can have a squad of shoota boyz and when they get into hand to hand they have thier pretty ol choppas right there with 'em... i am very much sure that just
    because they are shoota boyz that they still have choppas...the only ork unit that doesnt carry choppas are TankBustas...
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

No shoota boyz do not have choppas on them! that's why you get the slugga boyz, it would also have to say that under their equpiment witch is doesn't. I'd also suggest you get a third Kila kan, and make your grot mob alot bigger. Haveing another mob of 16 SLUGGA "not coppa" boyz will help greatly. You might want to consider getting some mobility to your army with wartracks/buggies and or warbikes.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldnt remember if it was choppa or slugga, i havent looked at my codex for ages.

so order of preference

1) slugga boyz
    2) killer kanz
    3) slugga boyz
    3) slugga boyz
    4) more grots
    5) 2 lobbas, 2 kannons, 2 zzaps (so i can choose a squad of any of them)
    6) warbikes
    7) looted vehicles

and thats it for now.

Should i get them in that order or....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Zone-TR@Oct 30 2004, 14:51
    kannon
    Zzap
    Lobba
    [snapback]241165[/snapback]
    You can have 3 big gunz in a mob but they must be the same type,3lobbas, 3kanons, 3 zappgun.
    And it is 0-2 so you can't have all 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sure you can mix them in a squad. And im sure you can have 3 HS options. Tell me if im wrong but if i am, i still wont use all 3 dif types in a battle. I will use different ones depending on the battlefield size and opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would ditch all the heavy weapons and get loads more slugga boyz. If you can try and get 2-3 squads of sluggas and 1 squad of shootas (with 3 bbig shootas)
    "Honour the Craft of Death"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast