My First Ork Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXPLAIN THE "BASILISK DO NOT NEED TO ROLL TO HIT THING"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and a looted basilisk...best thing cuz u dont need to roll to hit
    If you look at the army lists in back of the main book, you can see what armament it carries. It is an ordnace weapon. Read the rules on pg 83-84 to see how they work. Also note the odds of you hitting a target are just about the same as shooting normally (but may be a bit better if you can guess ranges well due to the scatter distances).

Now that you have read them, re-read the section on looted vehicles (codex pg 16). You have a 1/6 chance of losing control if the vehicle, and then a 50% chance the vehicle will move. Look at the ordnance rules carefully and see what restrictions are placed on the vehicle if it wants to fire (hint, pg 83). I am not too fond of looted vehicles, especially ones with ordnance. I will say the actual odds of such an event happening are not eceedingly high (less than one in 6). But rememeber, for the most part the odds of you hitting a target with ordnance are just about the same as shooting normally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any Basilisks but I've seen some in action, good model.
    Get it for a looted vehicle.

WAAAGH!!!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by hishamEQ@Sep 10 2003, 09:29
    If you look at the army lists in back of the main book, you can see what armament it carries. It is an ordnace weapon. Read the rules on pg 83-84 to see how they work. Also note the odds of you hitting a target are just about the same as shooting normally (but may be a bit better if you can guess ranges well due to the scatter distances).

Now that you have read them, re-read the section on looted vehicles (codex pg 16). You have a 1/6 chance of losing control if the vehicle, and then a 50% chance the vehicle will move. Look at the ordnance rules carefully and see what restrictions are placed on the vehicle if it wants to fire (hint, pg 83). I am not too fond of looted vehicles, especially ones with ordnance. I will say the actual odds of such an event happening are not eceedingly high (less than one in 6). But rememeber, for the most part the odds of you hitting a target with ordnance are just about the same as shooting normally.
    Wait What???!!!!! PLZ RE EXPLAIN THAT PLZ

!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh i got it ............. 1/6 chance it breaks down then its a 1/2 chance it moves and u cant use ordanance............. But ordanance u dont need to roll to hit because there is a tiny chance it will miss Am i correct????!!! and orkish balistic skill sucks so ....... Thats it................ Im thinking for my leman russ ill put 2 flammers on side and then one lascannon and a battle cannon because flamers dont need to roll to hit!!!!!! And i like death !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But ordanance u dont need to roll to hit because there is a tiny chance it will miss Am i correct????!!! and orkish balistic skill sucks...
    You place your template and then roll a scatter die when you fire ordnace. Pick up a scatter die and count the number of faces that have a 'hit' result. There are 2 faces out of six (1 in 3 chance). Orks BS are 5, that means you need a 5 or 6 to hit rolling a D6(1 in 3 chance). The odds of hitting a target are the same.

Now if you roll scatter, you might also get a low result (say 2" or 4") that would allow you to hit your target, but it may also move the template way off. So ordanance weapons do not automatically hit anything. And for Orks hit just was well (I will admit with some scatter rolls slightly better) than normal fire. It has a huge range, and for larger battles (2,000+) it would be fun to have in your force. You might want to use something else if you 'need' the firepower on a turn to turn basis.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait aint a uge chppa a two handed weapon? yu cant ahve a uge chappa and a slugga
    <insert witty remark here>

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by hishamEQ@Sep 13 2003, 12:44
    But ordanance u dont need to roll to hit because there is a tiny chance it will missÂ* Am i correct????&#33;&#33;&#33; and orkish balistic skill sucks...
    You place your template and then roll a scatter die when you fire ordnace. Pick up a scatter die and count the number of faces that have a &#39;hit&#39; result. There are 2 faces out of six (1 in 3 chance). Orks BS are 5, that means you need a 5 or 6 to hit rolling a D6(1 in 3 chance). The odds of hitting a target are the same.

Now if you roll scatter, you might also get a low result (say 2" or 4") that would allow you to hit your target, but it may also move the template way off. So ordanance weapons do not automatically hit anything. And for Orks hit just was well (I will admit with some scatter rolls slightly better) than normal fire. It has a huge range, and for larger battles (2,000+) it would be fun to have in your force. You might want to use something else if you &#39;need&#39; the firepower on a turn to turn basis.
    dood yur compleyel wrong. the basilisk doesnt need to roll to hit. yu place yur tamplate anyewhre u want. roll a scatter die and 1d6. if u roll "hit" then that means it doesnt scatter if u get an arrow then it moves the d6 inches u rolled in the direction of the arrow. no BS is involved.

if u get a lemun russ get 2 heavy bolter sponsons cuz u get threee shots each and u so u have more a chance to hit. flamers u need to get close that means move that means u cant fire battle cannon.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dood yur compleyel wrong. the basilisk doesnt need to roll to hit. yu place yur tamplate anyewhre u want. roll a scatter die and 1d6. if u roll "hit" then that means it doesnt scatter if u get an arrow then it moves the d6 inches u rolled in the direction of the arrow. no BS is involved.
    This illustrates you have no idea what I am talking about, Salamander.

Technically, yes. You do not have to roll to hit. Instead you roll the scatter dice with a D6. For the &#39;hit&#39; die, the odds are very similar to using a weapon that would require an Ork&#39;s BS skill (5). Granted, you have a better chance to hit a large target combined with low scatter results. However, you are depending on the scatter roll being low enough so that it does not deviate much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, pump up yer damn warboss. He cud use sum mega armor, and throw in a squig fer fun. I didn&#39;t read thru yer whole list, so thats all i can asy rite now.

Closed Thread