My Army List... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Army List...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this is probably considered in the wrong forum, but mods plz don't move it, i doubt it'll get any attention in the army list forum since it's DE :glare:

After i buy all the units i'll be needing, i'll be fielding a wych cult/kabal, sometimes i may want to use a kabal and ill follow the kabal rules, likewise for a cult..

Kabal of some deadly name or another...

HQ
    of course i'll never field both archons, but in some games
    i may choose my jetbike archon, likewise for the foot

Archon-160 points
    Shadow Field
    Power Weapon
    Combat Drugs-re roll misses, then rest depends on enemy army
    Jetbike
    Leading a squad of 5 reavers being 181 points-
    2 blasters
    succubus w/ agoniser

Archon- 175 points
    shadow field
    agoniser
    combat drugs
    punisher
    hell mask
    animus vitae
    tormentor helm
    Accompanied w/ retinue of 176-
    2 incubi
    drazhar
    2 sc warriors
    All in a night shielded raider for 70 points

No haemi's, but if i feel like it-

urien + 5 uber grots in raider- 320

if i feel like it, decapitator-112

Elites

Wych Squad-238
    10 wyches
    plasma grenades for all
    haywire if vs'ing many vehicles/monolith pts not included
    ww
    succubus+agoniser
    in raider

wych squad-238
    10 wyches
    plasma nades
    ww
    succubus w/ agoniser
    raider

wych squad-238
    10 wyches
    plasma nades
    ww
    succubus w/ agoniser
    raider

Troops
    Raider Squad-165
    10 warriors
    sc/blaster
    raider w/ night shield

same squad-165

same squad-165

foot-slogging warriors-216
    20 warriors
    2 blasters
    2 dark lances
    sybarite w/ agoniser

Fast ATtack
    Reaver Squad-145
    5 bikes
    2 blasters

same squad-145

hellions-146
    5 hellions
    2blasters
    succubus+agoniser

Heavy
    ravager-135
    2 dissies
    night shield

ravager-140
    3 dissies
    night shield

talos-100

now i probably won't be using all of that in every battle, such as haemis and stuff, will be selective, but if i would be using all of the above, total pionts=2,798

i gotta go to bed, i'll either edit this post and add my cult or just post cult separately, but what do you guys think?

good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 thing just came to my attention quickly. You have 2 archons... and you have 2 shadowfields. Only 1 shadowfield an army as well as archon, it has to be archon and drachon. In that case, just scrap the archon, and use 1, and 3 haemonuculuses on jetbikes.... that would be insane. Let them lead jetbike squads with your archon, and fly them towards your opponent, that makes me feel good, something like that happening

GEt rid of the plasma nades in wych squades, they dont need them. Make sure you add haywire grenades in the jetbike squads.

ALso get rid of the hellions and scourges. Just dont likem. Get more troops on ground dark lance squads and another ravager.

The strategy would be assault with bikes and snipe with warrior squads and your 3 ravagers, that would be a lot of dark lances

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t know if i would spend the points for a raider for just urien rakarth. Maybe use the raider for your wyches...to get them in the heart of the battle. Other then that it looks good. Your just starting and I have been playing for 2 years and you have more then me. ((My total force is 2,102pt))

Asdrubal Vect
    Dark Eldar: The Kabal Of the Black Heart: Bloody Claw division.
    Black Legion: Division 666
    Vampire Counts Von Castein Bloodline: w/l/t
    4/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

incubi, i shall quote myself

Originally posted by d4Rk_31d4R@Nov 4 2004, 23:57
    HQ
    of course i&#39;ll never field both archons, but in some games
    i may choose my jetbike archon, likewise for the foot
    meaning, i won&#39;t use them both because that&#39;s not legal, to have 2 archons, and 2 shadowfields at that&#33; but i&#39;m still going to have them both, the convert jetbike and the foot one, and i just listed them both to show that that&#39;s the gear i&#39;d give for them when i use them if u get wat im sayin
    also, incubi the scourges can have 4 sc&#39;s... move 12 shoot 24 assault 4.. that can be a lot of shots, with deepstrike you can do much damage... and hellions, i&#39;m keepin em cuz the whole idea is to annoy the hell out of the enemy with them. keep on assaulting and hit and run, it&#39;s just more things for them to waste shots on and in a big battle, you could say they&#39;re relatively cheap.

:lol: absrudal, yea im planning on rly ubering up my army, i want to be unbeatable ^_^ and regarding what u said with urien&#39;s raider... it wouldn&#39;t necessarily be JUST for urien, but if i take him then i&#39;d want him protected, or he&#39;ll be stuck in the back of the battle while slogging up with grots, while wyches are ripping a squad apart and raider squads pelting the enemy, he&#39;d be missing action.... but idk ill consider that
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night Shields are largely wasted on Raiders. They help, but not to an extent that they are worth the 20pts each. The reason is twofold. Firstly, Night Shields are largely ineffective against the very long-range tank-busters like Lascannons, Missile Launchers, Rail Guns, Autocannons, etc. They are generally only partially effective against medium-range heavy weapons like Heavy Bolters, Big Shootas, Starcannons, etc. This leads onto the second reason; Raiders race up the board to get close to the enemy, and the closer they get the more useless the Night Shield becomes. Some players will tell you that it&#39;s "great" against Rapid Fire weapons like Bolters, but that&#39;s of no use whatsoever if it doesn&#39;t stop the longer ranged weapons. As an analogy, it&#39;s like spraying some &#39;shark repellant&#39; (go with me here) over yourself and then diving into a swimming pool full of sharks, crocodiles, pirahnas and sea snakes. Sure, you keep the sharks away but they aren&#39;t the only danger...

Hellions: Not worth it in small squads, and they can only have 1 Blaster. If you use them, use at least 8 and include a Succubus with a Punisher and Tormentor Helm.

Scourges: Not only do they need a character to carry the WWP, but it&#39;s a bad idea to try Deep Striking it anyway. Again, twofold reasoning. One, you can&#39;t open the Portal on the turn you Deep Strike because you count as moving. So, you&#39;ll have to spend two turns stationary to get the Portal open. Scourges are not resilient at all, they can be hurt badly by anything in the game, so spending two turns stationary is likely to mean at the very least they run a large risk of being routed off the table by enemy shooting. A more likely scenario is that they&#39;ll be assaulted, and then you can&#39;t open the Portal until the assault is over (with the probable loss of the Scourges, so probably never). Second, the time it takes to get the Portal open. Odds are that the Scourges won&#39;t pass their Reserve roll to Deep Strike until turn 3. Then on turn 4 they open the Portal. Finally, on turn 5 units can start coming though... VERY late in the game.

Wyches: Don&#39;t bother with Haywire grenades, I think they are too expensive and Wyches are probably wasted assaulting vehicles when you have an army full of Dark Lances and Blasters. Take a pair of Blasters instead as they have all-round use.
    <u>Know thy Enemy</u>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm' target='_blank'>-The Troll, Aggravor Pestis</a>
    <a href='http://mu.ranter.net/starcraft/bnet.html' target='_blank'>-The l33t d00d, Optimus Simula</a>
    <a href='http://40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=1993.msg496519#msg496519' target='_blank'>-The Spammer, Spammator Demens</a>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/flamewars.htm#IPYW' target='_blank'>-The Flamer, Inflammator</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh sorry, wasnt paying attention to the details.

I do though think that the urien and uber grotesque raider is very expensive and not worth it. Warrior squads could provide you a better use for the point. I find special characters besides lelith very unneccessary unless your army is based around them. Its just the fact that they have bad saves, and will die quickly and will never be worth the points.

I just dont like scourges lol. They die quickly, maybe more warrior squads instead would prove more useful, squad of advancing splinter cannons can be even better.

I like your use of jetbikes, good job.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: i can&#39;t tell you how many times night shields have kept my raider up just one turn long enough to do good...

hellions, i was thinking about making it a 10-man squad with succubus+agoniser, so i&#39;m thinkin that&#39;s a should-do thing, or maybe give it a punisher + t-helm... but then again the hellion&#39;s only use is to annoy the person with hit-and-run and to draw attention fire so raiders can get up more

scourges, idk y i typed to give them wwp :blink: but on occasion i have done that, and btw, i&#39;ve never failed a roll for reserves with wwp ^_^

haywires-i guess i forgot to say, i&#39;m only taking those when there&#39;s a difficult vehicle to destroy (i know someone who has 12, count em, 12 TANKS. and a nec player with monolith, being very hard to harm, since its armors is ALWAYS 14, hence the uselessness of the blaster&#39;s/dl&#39;s making armors 13/14 12...

incubi-meh, maybe you&#39;re right, but i think scourges are pretty cool.. the only squad that can have 4 sc&#39;s+rifles, that can be a lot of shots, more than a raider squad, its more advertantly a troop kill squad, with the shooting.. but who knows maybe i&#39;ll buy em and then never use them again after 1-2 battles with them... but i&#39;ll give em a shot, maybe sell em on ebay or to a new de player i find if i feel :lol:

and yes, i really like the jetbike units, all of those with blasters and drugs, good shooting/assaulting can chunk an army and it has a half decent save, something rare in de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by d4Rk_31d4R@Nov 6 2004, 00:34
    :lol: i can&#39;t tell you how many times night shields have kept my raider up just one turn long enough to do good...
    Heh - I bet you can. That aside, they just aren&#39;t all that useful and my own experience has borne this out. They can be good for if you don&#39;t get the first turn, but on a vehicle who&#39;s purpose is to get close to the enemy they are not great. In smaller games they can work wonders, but in larger games where the enemy will have plenty of long-range heavy weapons, they become much less effective.

Try using Night Shields against IG, Tau, shooty SM, shooty Chaos or shooty Eldar and you&#39;ll quickly see they aren&#39;t all that useful. Those armies either have masses of long-range weaponry or the speed to close to effective range and shoot in the same turn.

but then again the hellion&#39;s only use is to annoy the person with hit-and-run and to draw attention fire so raiders can get up more
    Raiders are faster than Hellions, and in any case, while Hellions can be good &#39;mop-up&#39; units you&#39;ll find few experienced players who can be distracted away from downing Raiders as no 1 priority. You could try Deep Striking them close to an enemy heavy weapon squad, but bear in mind this is probably a suicide mission. It might save Raiders though.

scourges, idk y i typed to give them wwp :blink: but on occasion i have done that, and btw, i&#39;ve never failed a roll for reserves with wwp ^_^
    So? The point is that they will almost always only come out on turn 5, (by which point they&#39;ll have almost certainly passed their Reserve rolls...) which is very late in the game for them to make an impact.
    <u>Know thy Enemy</u>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm' target='_blank'>-The Troll, Aggravor Pestis</a>
    <a href='http://mu.ranter.net/starcraft/bnet.html' target='_blank'>-The l33t d00d, Optimus Simula</a>
    <a href='http://40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=1993.msg496519#msg496519' target='_blank'>-The Spammer, Spammator Demens</a>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/flamewars.htm#IPYW' target='_blank'>-The Flamer, Inflammator</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well even so, hellion&#39;s purpose isn&#39;t to get the raiders up, it&#39;s just to annoy and pester the enemy... i mean hit and run them over and over so they&#39;ll have to shoot you, and if they chose not to you&#39;ll slowly diminish one of their shooting squads...

you&#39;re not gonna shake me on night shields, im taking them and that&#39;s that... i might start to consider... horrorfex&#39;s i think they&#39;re called?

and just drop everything on the wwp, was mistake to type it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I have to say this about Scourges since they&#39;re getting dissed to death. They fare best when equipped with SCs and fielded against poorly-armored horde armies. Just saying "Scourges suck because they die easy" is not a viable arguement against fielding Scourges against &#39;Nids, Orks, or troops-heavy IG. Please note I just named the three armies that Scourges do best against when equipped to fire on the move.

The Hellions are getting dissed for no reason as well, so it&#39;s up to me to defend them. Hellions are great for a fast assault where you don&#39;t want to get gogged down. Fly in with hellglaives shooting one shot, assault the unit as normal, then get out of there. Your foe can only consolidate while the Hellions fall back, and as long as they are in constant CC or cover, they can be used for psychological warfare by *****ing your opponent off. Once he/she is visibly annoyed, just put the Hellions up as that irresistable bait and pounce on him with another unit while he shoots at the Hellions.

you&#39;re not gonna shake me on night shields, im taking them and that&#39;s that
    Well, Wych Raiders are another story since you have to get very close to drop them off. I&#39;d say a dissie upgrade and a Horrorfex are the best thing to happen to a Wych Raider since live slaves. Think about it. First you pin them, then you take a chunk out with the dissie, then those crazed Wyches assault. The results can be devastating.

mean hit and run them over and over so they&#39;ll have to shoot you, and if they chose not to you&#39;ll slowly diminish one of their shooting squads...
    Precisely, dude. Hellions are adept at playing the role of the pesky mosquito that sucks on an enemy unit&#39;s blood until the unit dies or the Hellions are "swatted." Both of these are good, and incidentally when the Hellions get "swatted" the Raiders can come up.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real&#33;
    What you wish to be

+ Reply to Thread