Just Got The Codex... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hey all...for those who care, this is ColonelDraken formerly of Imperial Guard. Decided to make a new name celebrating my purchase of the codex ($20...didn't sound right to me but I couldn't wait any longer). My Kabal is going to be called the Lost Nemesis, well, at least that's would the Eldar language would have roughly translated into. Lost simply because I don't want them to be quite as "evil" as Vect's Kabal in Commorragh. They're still "evil" in a sense but they swing slightly more toward the Eldar in actions. "Nemesis" was a Greek God and his name meant "righteous anger, due enactment, or divine vengeance." I think that would fit for a Kabal dedicated to smashing Chaos for what happened to them during the Fall.

I already have a few bids on Ebay going on, and if I win them both I'll have 94 warriors and a special character. I know that sounds like a lot to start on, but if they stay at the price they are now, I'll be paying less than $40 total for them (which isn't half bad).

Just wanted to get that out of my system, and I'm now officially part of the Dark Eldar community. Time for the killing. ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations for choosing Dark Eldar! You probably made a good descision with your bids. Warriors should always be the core of your army, and as a former IG player I'm sure you can appreciate the stat boosts quite a bit. What special character did you get, btw? There's a good chance you'll be able to proxy it as an Archon/Drachon, so you'll be set for the lower point games. If you're looking to expand your army list, consider getting Wyches (some of the best assault units for their points) or some Raiders, even though their effectiveness has dropped somewhat in 4E. You may also want to consider getting your hands on a Ravager and some Incubi, which are some of the hardest hitters in the DE list, but don't look to them untill you get above 1000 points.

Mandrakes, Grotesques, Scourges and possibly Hellions/Reavers aren't the most newb friendly, so you might want to steer clear of them even though they can all be quite effective in their own right.

Oh, and what edition of the codex did you get? The one with the skull or the one without? If you got the one without you'll want to look around for either a download of the DE codex update or Chapter Approved 2004 - it gives the DE codex a nice lift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I did, indeed, get the Codex with the white skull. In fact, after reading another topic on this forum I made sure to get it. I believe that the special character was Urien Rakarth...not exactly an attractive model. Chances are 1000 points is going to be the smallest games I play, as my friends don't play any less. Most army lists I make are 1500+ so I'll probably be buying Incubi and Reavers, etc. Luckily, my birthday and Christmas are both in a month so I'll be in good shape in forming my DE force. Thanks for the advice. ^_^

EDIT: I actually just looked over the offer again, and it includes Kruellagh the Vile, not Urien. :blush:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kruellagh isn't exactly the prettiest model either ...........................
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, i dont know if you want kruellegh leading your army, that would be odd. Get an arrchon/drachon or some haemonculus when you get time and money, and yea a ravager would be nice. E bay has great lots, buy stuff from there.

congrats on joining the DE, play properly and you wont regret it. Read up on the site eldar online to get some tips on the dark eldar and read the analysis on each model, and make your list on your preferences.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the darkness.....
    If you have kruellegh leading your amry you can&#39;t have a kabal, just a wych cult. Just to let you know.
    Joshua Shear AKA Asdrubal Vect
    Dark Eldar: The Kabal Of the Black Heart: Bloody Claw division.
    Black Legion: Division 666
    Vampire Counts Von Castein Bloodline: w/l/t
    4/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhm absrudal... exact oposite, you&#39;re thinking of lelith. kreullagh counts as an archon, being part of the Kabal of the Flayed Skull.... maybe double check your dex?
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, welcome back Nemesis&#33;&#33;&#33; So, does everyone have a name for their Kabal&#39;s/Cults/Covens/Sects yet???
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Ballad of the Nightmare&#39;s Wyche Cult

or

Horrors Twilight Kabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Simply "Kabal of the Lost Nemesis"...Nemesis meaning divine vengeance, taken from a Greek God&#39;s name. Lost simply because they aren&#39;t like the Harlequins, they aren&#39;t on a Craftworld, and yet my Kabal doesn&#39;t fit in with normal DE society.

+ Reply to Thread