Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey im an Eldar player looking to play a little necron...
I bought 2 packs of necron warriors and i like what i see. I wanted to make a 500 to like 1000 point army to add as an allie in a fun little campain i made with a friend. the army i was thinking of is this
1 x Nightbearer 300pts?
12 x Necron warriors 216pts?
12 x Necron warriors 216pts?
5 x Imortals 150pts?
6 x swarms 98pts?
2 x Destroiers
now i no i could get the Necron Lord for an HQ choice but cause my friend plays chaos and i want something to grab his attention i thought a GIANT reaper would be more threatining than a little skeleton with a staff as an HQ. remeber that i dont wanna spend to much because eldar are my army but i do like the necron so i got this, well i got the troops at least. let me no if im wrong on points or on squad # because i dont have the codex.
well, for starters the nightbringer is 360 points, and you cant have 2 destroyers (3-5 in a squad). for the points i dont the c'tan is worth having around (especially since the necrons will probably be prone to phase out). get a lord, and some flayed ones instead. the destroyers arent worth having either, as you really need to boost up your phase out value if you go through with this.
on that note, using necrons as 'allies' (technically necrons cant ally with anyone but who really cares about that?) probably isnt the smartest thing to do, as your opponent should be able to figure out that if he kills off 75% of that necron force the rest dissapear, leaving whatever else is on the table horribly outnumbered. 1000 points of necrons vs 2000 points of whatever else isnt going to last, leaving the last 1000 points of whatever doomed.
the C'tan would be good against killing off some chaos troops more than a little avatar would. does the Nightbearer get and invuln save? if it does then does it get the WBB rule to? i dont no mucj about it so if u could help me out that would be awsome. Also i thought that scarab blow up and then rebuild them selves (WBB rule) but that could just be me. Do the necron troops get the WBB rule as well? can necron fare well against a Chrone chaos army? If so could u give me and army list like i did of one that would fare against them.
fielding a c'tan and such a small amount necrons in such a big point game is suicide. you're going to get phased out right quick (well, maybe not right quick against khorne, but youll still end up phasing out) and suffer bitter loss after bitter loss.
yes, the c'tan gets a 4+(I) save. it does not get a WBB roll.
no, scarabs do not blow up (they havent since the codex was released), and they dont get WBB rolls either.
yes, warriors get WBB rolls, but that wont matter much when they all go poof and disappear.
im guessing you dont know about the phase out rule. here it is in a nut shell...
when your opponent kills 75% of the necrons on the table (scarabs and the c'tan are not necrons by the way, they dont count towards the limit) the other 25% (+ whatever for none necron models) disappear. theyre 'destroyed' more or less.
for the list you posted up (presuming you fixed the destroyer squad) you get phased out at 8 models. believe me, hes going to ignore everything else out there and go after those warriors. the c'tan is wonderful, until it goes bye bye with the rest of the army.
trust me on this one, either build an all necron army, or look for a different ally to use.
also, please run your posts through a spell checker. gah.
If you're going to play necrons how about you buy the codex, it answers most of your questions. And yes a little tiny lord with a staff may not look like much but he's not exactly a pushover either. What other HQ choice do you know of that for 100 points comes with a str 5 ap 3 assault 3 weapon, a powerweapon, 3 wounds, 5 str/tough and the chance to come back? I would suggest using a C'Tan at around the 1850 mark where you can afford to use 300-360 points on non necrons.
And yes, for god's sake, get a spell checker. You're not in the 3rd grade and it's not cute or appropriate to mispell words with less than 2 syllables. And the more time we spend picking apart your grammar the less time we want to spend answering your questions.